TimberWolf in Wisconsin (with pics)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikocker

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well I finally did it. Went out and bought my first woodsplitter and did it on Father's Day weekend! Friday the 13th actually.

I spent about two solid months agonizing over which splitter to get and looking at just about every model made. Looked at them all; Iron and Oak, Brave, Speeco, Huskee, Super Splitter, Split Fire, and American. . . All the while wanting to get a TimberWolf. But dealers in Wisconsin are pretty rare. But as luck would have it, a new dealer just started carrying them not more than 40 miles from home!

To make a long story short, after a phone call confirming they had it in stock, my wife (it was a gift from her actually) and I drove there and left with this great new TW-P1 TimberWolf splitter. This thing is gorgeous - the welds are first rate and the engineering is amazing - - really looks like a high quality unit. It's very solid. The Honda engine is super quiet and I hope it will be as fuel efficient as people say.

Anyway, I am totally stoked and can't wait to get into some serious splitting. That is, once the mosquitos settle down a bit up north.

So what do ya think?

Al:cheers:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
yup, great lookin' machine there. i've always been a timberwolf fan, if i was to buy any brand splitter it would be that one.

Well I finally did it. Went out and bought my first woodsplitter and did it on Father's Day weekend! Friday the 13th actually.

I spent about two solid months agonizing over which splitter to get and looking at just about every model made. Looked at them all; Iron and Oak, Brave, Speeco, Huskee, Super Splitter, Split Fire, and American. . . All the while wanting to get a TimberWolf. But dealers in Wisconsin are pretty rare. But as luck would have it, a new dealer just started carrying them not more than 40 miles from home!

To make a long story short, after a phone call confirming they had it in stock, my wife (it was a gift from her actually) and I drove there and left with this great new TW-P1 TimberWolf splitter. This thing is gorgeous - the welds are first rate and the engineering is amazing - - really looks like a high quality unit. It's very solid. The Honda engine is super quiet and I hope it will be as fuel efficient as people say.

Anyway, I am totally stoked and can't wait to get into some serious splitting. That is, once the mosquitos settle down a bit up north.

So what do ya think?

Nice looking outfit. I like the block catcher up front. Real handy. Don't have to strugle to try and catch the blocks by hand, after they split.
Bruce.:greenchainsaw: :chainsaw: :greenchainsaw:

That's a good looking machine. After splitting for a few hours by hand last weekend, that sure looks tempting! How much does that model run if you don't mind me asking?

That's a good looking machine. After splitting for a few hours by hand last weekend, that sure looks tempting! How much does that model run if you don't mind me asking?

AH, you can't beat pushing a little bit of oil this way, and pushing oil that a way. I built my own a few years ago, for behind the tractor. It is vertical, and hooks up to the re mots of the tractor. Once in a while i get a tough one, that the splitter can't split, so I have to use the axe, just to put a mark on the block, after that I can split it with the splitter.
Bruce.

Thanks for all the nice comments.

I appreciate all the best wishes. I am definitely looking forward to using this thing!

timberwolf

Who did you end up dealing with, if I might ask? I'm also in the market for a decent splitter,and also in the central Wisconsin area.Thanks, Ken

So what do ya think?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Because you asked, I will tell you that I think you are a very lucky man, and I don't mean because you just got a fantastic Timberwolf splitter, which you obviously did, but because you have a wonderful wife, who will continue to make you happy long after the newness of the splitter wears off.

Congrats and best wishes, that was certainly some Fathers Day present.

Back