TimberWolf in Wisconsin (with pics)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know.

Because you asked, I will tell you that I think you are a very lucky man, and I don't mean because you just got a fantastic Timberwolf splitter, which you obviously did, but because you have a wonderful wife, who will continue to make you happy long after the newness of the splitter wears off.

Congrats and best wishes, that was certainly some Fathers Day present.

Thanks - - Yes she is certainly special, and has been for the 37 years we've been married!

Al:clap: :clap:

yep, I was going to add, you must have a very nice wife. I too like the catch bin too. Seems like a nice easy onn/off design.

I appreciate all the best wishes. I am definitely looking forward to using this thing!
Al:cheers:
Keep us informed on how it operates. Maybe take some pictures and post them as well. From the looks of your pictures it looks like it could be an impressive machine to work with. Pictures would definitely show how impressive.
Bruce.

Sure!

Keep us informed on how it operates. Maybe take some pictures and post them as well. From the looks of your pictures it looks like it could be an impressive machine to work with. Pictures would definitely show how impressive.
Bruce.

I can do that!
It will be a couple of weeks before I get back up north but I'll definitely keep you all posted on how it performs.

Nice rig and well designed and engineered.

I wonder about why they decided too use the pusher on the ram versus wedge? Well obviously because it doesn't go verticle and the ability to use a 4 way I suppose. At any rate tell us how it performs. Sure looks nice!:cheers:

Not Yet.

I just scanned the thread, did you get the 4-way wedge too?

The machine seems to have a fairly fast cycle time and due to the fact you don't have to fully retract the cylinder to fit the next round on, it should be fairly efficient. If I find I do need it - I'll put it on my Birthday and or Christmas "Wish List".

Al :cheers:

That splitter should keep you plenty happy. I know mine has kept me pretty amused. And it makes a pile of firewood a LOT faster than doing everything by hand ever did.

I've got probably 10 cords through mine in the past year, and the only beef I have with it is that the tank vent seems to either tighten itself up (overpressurizing the tank and making oil weep out around the filter housing) or wiggle looser than I think it should (though it has never fallen off yet). Given the choice I would have preferred a normal exposed filter and plain-and-simple tank vent arrangement. But apart from that annoyance, it is a really nice machine. And the Honda is a quiet, peaceful little engine for sure!

Timberwolf_1.jpg

DSCF3488Medium.jpg

Sounds good.

It is great for the big rounds that you can just barely lift onto the rail.

Do a couple of rounds, let the 1/4's stack on the tray, then take off the extra wedge to take them down to size.

The really big rounds I'll split with my saw. I'm sure the four-way is a bit faster - But if I get done too soon, then what do I do??? Ha Ha.

It WILL probably end up on the unit at some time however.

Al

Last edited:
Nice shots!

That splitter should keep you plenty happy. I know mine has kept me pretty amused. And it makes a pile of firewood a LOT faster than doing everything by hand ever did.

I've got probably 10 cords through mine in the past year, and the only beef I have with it is that the tank vent seems to either tighten itself up (overpressurizing the tank and making oil weep out around the filter housing) or wiggle looser than I think it should (though it has never fallen off yet). Given the choice I would have preferred a normal exposed filter and plain-and-simple tank vent arrangement. But apart from that annoyance, it is a really nice machine. And the Honda is a quiet, peaceful little engine for sure!

Thanks for sharing the info, Computeruser. It IS a nice machine!
The other thing I noticed is that it's easy to wheel around - not so heavy that it becomes a chore. And it will follow my Honda ATV real nicely!!

Timberwolf

Nice, glad you spent the money and got a noce machine. My brother and I bought a TW-5 with the lift and hyd. 4 way wedge. we split 15-25 cord a year and it doesn't skip a beat.

Latest posts

Back