Timberwolf just called...cant believe this...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAMROD48

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Auto-cycle on TW-5 and TW-6....NO LONGER AVAILABLE...

Are you kidding me?

Auto-Cycle Dangerous?

I Think Auto cycle certinly increases the chances of injury, but also greatly increases productivity as well. For me Auto cycle is well worth it. The only time I have ever gotten close to someone getting hurt is when more than 1 person was trying to "feed" the splitter.

Yeah an auto cycle is well worth the money. I can't believe they would take it off because it is unsafe. I mean a splitter is pretty unsafe as it wether it have a auto cycle valve or not.

The lawyers strike again

I'll bet a box of doughnuts there is either a lawyer, or liability insurance company or both behind it. I doubt it was cost cutting as they would still have offered it as an optional upgrade.

Auto-cycle is the main reason I upgraded my TW-P1 to a TW-2HD last fall. Boy I'm really happy I pulled the trigger while it was available. When working alone, a longer cycle time with auto-cycle is still a faster operation than a quick splitter with standard valving.

Take Care

legal teams stike another blow to common sense.

Lawyers taking another steptowards eradicating common sense in this country! The point of a log splitter is that the machine does the work for you...the more the machine does, the more you can get done in a day. Dont get me wrong, I LOVE my Fiskars. The only thing I love more is the auto cycle on the Timberwolf. If Im not holding a handle forward or backward Im getting the next log into position. That means I get more done when I need to get more done. Not less. If you are to dumb to keep vital parts out of pinch points, well then, you should expect to loose those parts. An old tree climber taught me a vital lesson once...Dont wrap the rope around any body part you aren't willing to live without. Same lesson applies here. T-wolf, dont give in!

Last edited:
My problem is I dont want to have to hit the handle to go back...1 way or the other your waiting and not going for the next peice...its waisting time...

Right.:agree2:

O.k....so I spend $7000 on a splitter so I can stand and wait for it...

Dont make much sense to me...but then again I am just a little 100cord a year firewood guy...what do I know...:msp_thumbdn:

O.k....so I spend $7000 on a splitter so I can stand and wait for it...

Dont make much sense to me...but then again I am just a little 100cord a year firewood guy...what do I know...:msp_thumbdn:

OK so your a big time woody.I get it.If you can drop 7k on a splitter you can order the valve you want from another source.Made sense to me.

Timberwolf FC option with auto return

The automatic return is paired with a manual
directional control valve for the parallel oil flow
to allow the automatic return cycle to occur.
:msp_thumbup:

Latest posts

Back