Timberwolf tw-5 ver rayko ls2526

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ant

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Found a hardly used rayco 2526 splitter. I dont know much about the rayco but the spec sheets are equal to the Timberwolve TW 5. What your guys thoughts on this? One thing I like about the tw five is a grate table. And they tell me that rayco dont make them anymore.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

No hands on, just watched 2 videos. The Rayco looks like a no nonsense pro quality machine. One video had a 4 way wedge that I liked, the operator was splitting kinda small, like I do, and it looked like he could really knock out some work. The other video had a 6 way wedge and he was just trying to bury himself in wood. I guess he wanted to impress people with the pile of wood. But, the splits were all too big and would need to be split again. I watched Timberwolf videos and like their box wedge, I'd like to try one of those. If I had a good deal on the Rayco, I'd go for it. They make good equipment. I'd call a dealer and ask what kind of support they can give you if it's no longer made. Vermeer made the first vertical splitter (that I know of) and once their patent ran out they could no longer compete with the cheaper ones and quit making them. My cousin bought one (Vermeer) close to 40 years ago still uses it, been through a couple engines. Just went back and watched both makers videos and I liked the wedge on the Rayco better, that's just me. Other wise they both look like quality machines, Joe.

Rayco LS2526

I just got a real nice Rayco LS2526 for $3,500 with a 4 and 6 way wedge. Very nice splitter with lots of power and well built.
Log Lift will pick up a 36 in across 24 in long and then you can split it.
Very happy with my purchase.

Chris

Chris do you find the need to take the four way off a lot?

Ended up buying a tw-5 with log lift and tray. So far so good

Latest posts

Back