Tips & Tricks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barneyrb

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I haven't seen these in any one thread and I am just starting on a dedicated saw shop for me. I do some of the obvious such as when I break a saw down that I know I will have to wait on parts, I take all the screws and ziplock them then put into a container (wal-mart rubbermaid $9) with the powerhead so everything for that saw stays together. Do any of you have any tips that could help me organize?

Also are there any tools or equipment that you could recomend? I have a decent air compressor, air tools, dishwasher, drill press, vac tester, bench grinder, and bead blaster.

I only have a 10x10 building and want to make the most of it. The air compressor will be outside with plumbing run in. I appreciate any help.

I use a cup cake pan when I work on any thing to help keep track of the screws and other small parts. Do you call it a pan or a cup cake holder?

Do any of you have any tips that could help me organize?

Also are there any tools or equipment that you could recomend? I have a decent air compressor, air tools, dishwasher, drill press, vac tester, bench grinder, and bead blaster.

Buy or make one of these - they are very handy.

standm.jpg

Thread with a few different designs here.

My favorite tool in the shop is a bendable stick with a magnet on the end. :)

Small LED flex head flashlight, $3 in walmart checkout line. Has Magnet on other end of flashlight to hold it in place while working or storing.

Roger

Egg carton for the nuts and bolts for each saw.

I also use a old syrup bottle to poor bar oil in the saws. Stays clean and doesn't spill. also carry a old paint brush to wipe the saw down before I poor oil and mix in. also give the saw a quick wipe down and the filter a brush at end of day.

A

Randy, about all I can add is I use a magnitized parts "dish" to put the screws and bolts in while I'm tearing one down, so that way I can't tip it over very easy and watch them all go flying across the room.

The air compressor will be outside with plumbing run in.

Do your compressor and air tools a favor and do not have your equipment outside. The moisture will destroy your investment in short order. At the very least buy a moisture trap and mount it as far from the compressor as possible.

Also very handy are a Dremel set with cutter discs,grinding discs/pads and other grinding stones etc. A battery impact driver with socket adapter and drive bits like T27 ,Phillips, Allen std. and metric. A couple of gear pullers with adjustable arms and a whole bunch of customized probably home made items that come in handy.LOL
Pioneerguy600

Randy, about all I can add is I use a magnitized parts "dish" to put the screws and bolts in while I'm tearing one down, so that way I can't tip it over very easy and watch them all go flying across the room.

That, and I save sour cream containers, plastic salsa, and dip containers... and the like. That way... all the small parts go in the container and sit with the saw if I have to come back to it at a later date. Just mark what saw it goes to with a black sharpie... :)

Gary

That, and I save sour cream containers, plastic salsa, and dip containers... and the like. That way... all the small parts go in the container and sit with the saw if I have to come back to it at a later date. Just mark what saw it goes to with a black sharpie... :)

Gary

My favorite for this purpose is plastic peanut butter or Miracle Whip jars. Durable with a screw on lid.

Latest posts

Back