To all Canadian AS members

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomdcoker

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I went to Millington Naval Air Station North of Memphis, Tn. today for an air show. The Canadian Snowbirds participated in the program and did a great job. Nine planes in formation 40 to 50 feet apart or less at 400 plus mph gets my attention. All Canadians should be proud of these guys, they put on a great show. I only got a couple pictures. Five grandchildren under 10 years old do not leave much time for taking pictures. Tom

Thanks, not that I can take the praise but do agree, we are proud of them (at least I am). I've seen them a few times. They recently lost a pilot, this past spring I think, seat belt came undone during practice.

I have nothing to compare them to, though, never saw any another aerobatic flight team.

Cheers!

PS Nice pics!

Last edited:
Thanks for the note, they have flown many times here at 5 Wing Goose Bay, but not in recent years. Certainly a highlight for me as a kid.

They put on an awesome show for sure and I've had the pleasure of watching them a number of times at the Cassidy Airshow on Vancouver Island, just south of Nanaimo. One year we watched an American team (Blue Angels I seem to recall) that did a spectacular show, a bunch you southerners can be very proud of as well. The last airshow I went to several years ago was the first time I ever experienced a sonic boom (an F-1 or F-14 I think), what a hair-raiser! After the plane passed the crowd of thousands was silent as a tomb, then this slow piercing wail started and rose into a roar as hundreds of little kids began to cry, that was nearly as loud as the fly-by, other than that it was a great show (one of the Stealth bombers did a low fly-by too, man those things are big!) :D

:cheers:

Serge

To all Canadian AS menbers

A Stealth bomber did a fly by at Millington yesterday, but we were in the car and leaving so I did not get a picture or a good look. I think I have seen a Stealth before at an air show or at Pensacola Naval Air museum (not sure it may have been a B-1 bomber). Tom

We have had the pleasure of watching them the last few years on the Canada Day weekend. They fly out of CFB Trenton for the weekend and entertain the surrounding communities with a few shows over the weekend.

Latest posts

Back