To Fell or Not to Fell....UNASSISTED??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's one of the things I like about the Christmas season. It brings out the best in everybody.

Sorry reggie, I didn't realize you were a Quitter... Might have to pull your AS card. Nothing wrong with realizing you are in over your head and stopping,,, if you're a girl..

Get a buddy and cut that thing down. Or go buy a pellet stove you nancy boy.

Hmm...mighty big words..."I and I alone decide what I'll do"...better head on off home now...your Ma is calling you fer supper & knitting lessons, snap to it billy-boy!:hmm3grin2orange:

You'll be extracting a pound of flesh for sure....................

....................butt it will not be from where you are expecting! :laugh:
That was broad sweeping statement, but if you insist upon "internalizing and personalising" every comment I make.....so be it.

Are you a betting man?..........................if so............put your money where your mouth is!

Hmm, screwed up and my pic didn't attach. Kind of changes the tone my message abit. Sorry about that, should have checked to make sure it attached.

Quote from my last post ---> Sorry reggie, I didn't realize you were a Quitter... Might have to pull your AS card. Nothing wrong with realizing you are in over your head and stopping,,, if you're a girl..

Get a buddy and cut that thing down. Or go buy a pellet stove you nancy boy.

here is the pic. I was man handling a branch and it reminded me that sometimes they will crack where you don't expect. This was a 3" branch and not a tree. A large splinter broke off it and nailed me in the nose, good thing I had sunglasses on. View attachment 271599
The scar on my forehead was from a piece of plywood reminding me that wood is stronger than skin, it fell off a roof and hit me, 4 stitches.

Last edited:
So, cantoo, you still won, right?

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JRWlnv0_svU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Get hold with something large and just pull!

Must be the angle, but the chain looks way too short in the first pic, so I had to load the second pic just so you can see it worked ok!

The tree was dead and weighted horribly to one side and would of fallen naturally on the fence and lane at the side of the field. So cut through some and pulled it gently over. No drama, and stood safely out of the way when it started to move :) I know the thread says UNASSISTED, but you gotta have a death wish :) lol

Latest posts

Back