To Good To Be True?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanadianRedneck

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
The Firewood I sell is all hardwood and is Kiln Dried Mill Ends with no bark . This wood has no nails or chemicals guaranteed. Buy bulk 31/2 bush cord by volume.Delivery is available if you buy bulk and is included if within a reasonable distance. I recommend this wood for outdoor cooking, camp fires or for woodstoves or fireplaces. I am selling it for $230.00 dollars for 3 1/2 bush cord by volume.

Any advice on this to good to be true offer? Anything that can be for warned of is greatly appreciated. I am a skeptical of this one.

Are these pictures from the advertisement?

8527lbm_20.jpeg

8975lnb_20.jpeg

A few years back I bought some slab wood from a local mill. I think I paid around $250 for 10 face chords. The wood I got was all good hardwood, the only problem being 7 of the 10 chords was basically kindling. In a pinch it is a cheaper way to heat, or for an OWB it may be fine, but it wasnt for me.:cheers:

Was told a bush cord was 4x8 but not given the last dimension or dimensions of average piece of the wood. Lastly no that pic was not in this ad but he did tell me his measurment was done by a payloader loading his truck. Before posted anything here had figured I should check this out in person and after your info I will definatley be dropping in on this guys operation. Thanks again guys, and just want to say I am finding way to much information on this site and now spending to much time on here!!

If that is possible ??????

Thats not remarkably similar, its the same. Or at least close enough to be the same seller. Goes back to if it seems to good to be true it probably is.

Was told a bush cord was 4x8 but not given the last dimension or dimensions of average piece of the wood. Lastly no that pic was not in this ad but he did tell me his measurment was done by a payloader loading his truck. Before posted anything here had figured I should check this out in person and after your info I will definatley be dropping in on this guys operation. Thanks again guys, and just want to say I am finding way to much information on this site and now spending to much time on here!!

If that is possible ??????

here in northern ontario your typical bush cord is 4feet wide by 8 feet long by 4 feet high can be cut into what I believe are singles measuring 16 inches wide still 8 feet long and 4 feet high selling price is dependant on the wood . Popular poplar 45 dollars to 55 the maples and other hardwood mix up from 65 to 85 I hear . Or you can buy log truck loads use to be in the 800 dollar range .think it was like 6 cubic or 18 singles . the best I did with 3 small kids in tow was 90 singles , mostly stuff that beavers took down for us . For the kids at the time it was all play . ( you know get to drive the tractor , pull levers make the splitter work . bust things and just not block of wood . shhhh don't tell mom they were wearing rather good clothers oops )

So a bush cord is a 1/3 of a regular cord then? Between the aussies and canucks here I am learning a whole new language...

George Bernard Shaw: " England and America are two countries separated by a common language"

Now we get to add 2 more

So a bush cord is a 1/3 of a regular cord then? Between the aussies and canucks here I am learning a whole new language...

George Bernard Shaw: " England and America are two countries separated by a common language"

Now we get to add 2 more

No a bush cord is a regular cord 4x4x8.:cheers:

:agree2:

Bush cord is very commom term for full cubic cord (128 cubic feet) of stacked wood in these parts.

Thanks All

Especialy TreePointer. I had seen the ad originally in local paper checked number with one on kijiji link and was the same. Again Thanks to all, saved me some dough for sure.Would have dropped a load myself if ordered some of that when it was delivered.

Are these pictures from the advertisement?

8527lbm_20.jpeg

8975lnb_20.jpeg

Someone everhad the nerve to dump that s*#@ in my yard I'd laugh for quite a while after he held his hand out for the $. Then I'd ask him to stack the 4 x 8 x whatever and laugh some more.

Latest posts

Back