to M-TRONIC or not ---261

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
demc570

demc570

ArboristSite Guru
i know this has probably been beat to death,but was really looking at m-tronic......now seen where few where having idle problems posted on here.....so now wandering maybe go with non-mtronic stihl saw..........h_ll maybe just keep what i got and say heck with it for now.......

demc570

demc570

ArboristSite Guru
well i had my eye on 261 cm,close to weight and power and in middle of power of my other 2 saws,and weight be close also......and price,cant really spend over price 261cm so 362cm and up are ruled out....and not really wanting the new 240cm.40 cc saw......if i did that i buy the echo355t which i always liked, and ran one once. its for firewood,i like to have three good saws,to take to cut all day when i go....

CR888

CR888

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
M-tronic is IMHO the best advancement stihl has made in improving the gas chainsaw. It almost gets rid of 'operator error' and can tune/detect air leaks so so much better than us mortals. I think your concern is focussing on the very very small minority rather than looking at the majority. Soon MT/AT will just be accepted as the 'norm' and will be expected by any new saw buyer. I think it is one of the most solid technologies on the saw full stop. Something I have noticed generally about AT/MT users is that vast majority would not want to go back to a manually adjusted carb and have never had such a smooth running saw. IMBRACE CHANGE! its good for you!

Mtthwvn

Mtthwvn

ArboristSite Operative
If you already have a good 50 and 60cc saw I'd look into stepping up into the bigger 70cc saws. I bet if you bought one of the new 441's you'd probably leave the others in the truck most of the time.
Don't get me wrong, I have an 028 super too, and its a great saw...but I'd much rather have the power and pack around a few extra pounds. If I had the cash I wouldn't even think about buying a new saw under 70cc's... I just cut firewood though, so I'm sure many will think differently.

Matt

Latest posts