Todays haul and new conveyor pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STLfirewood

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Here is the new to me conveyor and some of my wood stash. The truck and trailer were cut today. Also a couple of my reverse splitter for the big boys. Hope you enjoy.

Scott

Last edited:
Looks good Scott. You mentioned to me that I'd probably want to find a conveyor after I got the Super Split and after splitting and piling about 15 cords in the last couple months I'm quickly figuring out why.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The guy that put it together for me said he felt better if it had another tie in place because that was a lot of weight hanging on that skid steer plate. I can't tell you if it's doing anything or not.

Scott

Do my eyes deceive me, or is there a good amount of small splits in that pile?
The appearance is that you've split in half, 4-5" rounds. I do it too, just to make them start easier.

Having the wood confined on the sides, what kind of timeframe is necessary to achieve easy lighting firewood from a green tree?

Asking to learn, not to be a pita.

Do my eyes deceive me, or is there a good amount of small splits in that pile?
The appearance is that you've split in half, 4-5" rounds. I do it too, just to make them start easier.

Having the wood confined on the sides, what kind of timeframe is necessary to achieve easy lighting firewood from a green tree?

Asking to learn, not to be a pita.

I sell all of that wood. Everything I sell has a split edge. Most people don;t want to buy round wood. I will split down to about 3" wood. I try not to throw a bunch of it in there. It dries really quick and people don't have trouble starting fires. When you sell wood to people who mainly use it for the occasional fire it has to be able start quick and burn good without a great coal base. Most of my people buy 1 4x8x16" stack a year. Some every other year. It also has to be able to be handled by men and women in their 80's. I have always piled wood like that and I never have any complaints about it being dry. I will sell that wood this fall/winter and not have any complaints.

Nice setup.

The one thing I have noticed with a commercial firewood dealer around here is that in the bottom and center of the wood pile they have pallets set up like an inverted V running the length of the wood pile. Guess it helps speed up the drying process. Will try to get a few pics.

Wood envy ........;-(

:greenchainsaw:

Conveyor

Does that conveyor have a tail drive or a driveshaft going to the head (the part in the air)?

Back