Todays haul.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngelofDarkness

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Got some more trigger time on the 575xp. Got the chain dull again, twice. Now I am learning to carry a file guide with me

Log.jpg

hiding behind the log

Log2.jpg

yeah not a flattering shot, I need to hit the gym

truck-wood.jpg

finished product on the way to be stacked at the piles some 200 feet behind the jobsite.

white oak

Your cuttin' that MF'er into firewood?!?!?! I'd be taking that big straight white oak to the mill, dry or green, around here they'd take it.:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

Your cuttin' that MF'er into firewood?!?!?! I'd be taking that big straight white oak to the mill, dry or green, around here they'd take it.:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

I wanted to have it milled but the little mill a few miles away won't cut anything that had grown along a road because of too many nails in the trees.

mill

I wanted to have it milled but the little mill a few miles away won't cut anything that had grown along a road because of too many nails in the trees.

Around here they take a metal detector to all the logs, if it beeps they just cut that part of the log off. If it don't beep then it's good to go.....:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

Around here they take a metal detector to all the logs, if it beeps they just cut that part of the log off. If it don't beep then it's good to go.....:greenchainsaw: :cheers:
well the only mill nearby refused to take it, all the other mills are too far away want anything to do with it, a lot of those big old trees have a wrap of barbed wire buried in the trunk someplace.

I didn't quite get through the biggest section I was cutting on, it was right into a huge wide crotch and my 28" bar didnt quite have enough reach. I started attacking the crotch from the other direction to piece it away one chunk at a time, and got my chain dull in a hurry.

well the only mill nearby refused to take it, all the other mills are too far away want anything to do with it, a lot of those big old trees have a wrap of barbed wire buried in the trunk someplace.

I didn't quite get through the biggest section I was cutting on, it was right into a huge wide crotch and my 28" bar didnt quite have enough reach. I started attacking the crotch from the other direction to piece it away one chunk at a time, and got my chain dull in a hurry.

Yea, sock 575+28" bar+dull chain+White Oak=BAD!LOLOL:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

Doesn't one of the sponsers have suspenders????

Nice oak...reminds me of the oaks we had around the farm as a kid...grew up in Sturgis. Nice splitter as well dude....and I'm talkin about the orange one!

Get some chaps, have you seen some of the pictures?

I saw an extra long tailed T-shirt they were selling as "crack spackle". LOL...

Seriously tho, I'd like to get a run at a log that big. Looks like great fun.

Ian

Back