Tonight's what is it tree ID?????!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcl

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Ok I cut 100 cords of firewood to sell. I process all the ones that fit threw my processior all winter. The big stuff I put off to the side. Now I'm finally getting to the big and knotted wood. I came to this tree I have no idea what it s cuts nice with chainsaw yellowish tint chips but when I went to split it.
its a mess!
Sorry for the double picks

I cannot confirm that but I have encountered that wood and it almost useless to try and split. It is a battle the entire way.....

Thanks for the replys your right gum tree. I'll push it over to the corner of the lot. use it for my firewood. Thanks to everyone

The alligator hide is a tell of black gum, aka tupelo. It can be a bear to split. Black gum grows like weeds here, front yard is rife with 'em. I've cut a couple over the years, it doesn't burn all that hot. Not gonna fuss with any more.

Latest posts

Back