tons of wood free!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbighump

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
i am getting ready to meet a guy that has some property that got logged about a month ago about a 1/4 mile away he is going to show me his property lines so i can cut all the oak and cherry tops that the loggers left there is a bunch, they prolly took 20 semi loads of logs out of there. now heres the deal i have to give him 1 truck for my 3.
i figured that was pretty fair for letting me cut :greenchainsaw:

i am getting ready to meet a guy that has some property that got logged about a month ago about a 1/4 mile away he is going to show me his property lines so i can cut all the oak and cherry tops that the loggers left there is a bunch, they prolly took 20 semi loads of logs out of there. now heres the deal i have to give him 1 truck for my 3.
i figured that was pretty fair for letting me cut :greenchainsaw:

Good wood, close to home, the destruction is someone elses doing, sounds like a decent deal.
Do you have to deliver the wood to his house, or just cut and leave neat stacks for him in the woods?

Good wood, close to home, the destruction is someone elses doing, sounds like a decent deal.
Do you have to deliver the wood to his house, or just cut and leave neat stacks for him in the woods?
and along that same line--if stuffs bigger, and need to split first--just more work involved. take the splittable stuff home, and the nonsplit to him, so can do that at thome when have time--me thinks me would be hauling fast--

I've got a good deal going right now. A property close to my house (< 5 miles) is being subdivided and they are putting in a 1500' road. They are knocking the trees over and carrying them up to a landing and putting them on a pile for me a friend. We can take all we can get. Right now, there is probably 20-30 cords of mixed hardwood, and more is coming out every day. I know what I'lll be doing for the next couple of weekends. Gotta get it before the neighbors sneak on and steal it!!:greenchainsaw:

Similar deal here...loggers came in, left a chitload of tops last year, bailed out...2nd logging co. set up last weekend, is going for pine for pulp, briniging out and stacking all hardwood tops for me.........
:jawdrop:

I've got a good deal going right now. A property close to my house (< 5 miles) is being subdivided and they are putting in a 1500' road. They are knocking the trees over and carrying them up to a landing and putting them on a pile for me a friend. We can take all we can get. Right now, there is probably 20-30 cords of mixed hardwood, and more is coming out every day. I know what I'lll be doing for the next couple of weekends. Gotta get it before the neighbors sneak on and steal it!!:greenchainsaw:

More is coming out every day.....and you are talking about weekends.....that is an upside down ratio, time to rent something to get those logs home, and fast, you can cut them up later while the neighbors are visiting the pile on weekends.

Most people can only do 1-2 cords of damage on a weekend, and they are tuckered out from the effort.

Get busy with that golden goose.

Similar deal here...loggers came in, left a chitload of tops last year, bailed out...2nd logging co. set up last weekend, is going for pine for pulp, briniging out and stacking all hardwood tops for me.........
:jawdrop:

This thread needs to be renamed:

Hey everyone, we have gooses chitting out golden firewood from their arses in our backyard...

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

You guys will receive NO sympathy in the next season if you run out of wood. :chainsaw:

Enjoy your windfall, we are all just a teeny bit envious, the ones who aren't either make money at this or are lying.:)

More is coming out every day.....and you are talking about weekends.....that is an upside down ratio, time to rent something to get those logs home, and fast, you can cut them up later while the neighbors are visiting the pile on weekends.

Most people can only do 1-2 cords of damage on a weekend, and they are tuckered out from the effort.

Get busy with that golden goose.

We can usually cut and haul 4 cords a day (about) between me and my buddy when it easy to get to and just cutting off a pile. With daylight savings in two weeks, I'll start hitting it in the evening. I have no plans to let that go to waste or to someone who doesn't have permission to be on there.

Latest posts

Back