too busy to take a lunch? Have a cold Burrito?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-rain

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
A cold burrito sits perfect in a chest pocket. Every thirty seconds or so you can take a quick bite with out taking it out of your pocket until the last bite or two. Co-workers laughed at me but they were just jealous i was eating and working as hard as them.

Caution: do not try with hot burritos, will burn nipples.

Thanks. I was wondering how to handle the company feed logistics @ my op. Problem solved...

Taking lunch slows me down.... You lose that rhythm and get lead belly.... On my crew we hardly ever take lunch(but that has to do with the pay scale) but I got a thing for cold pizza(like it better than when its hot) so on long days I'll bring a couple of slices along with a couple gallons of gatorade...

Taking lunch slows me down.... You lose that rhythm and get lead belly.... On my crew we hardly ever take lunch(but that has to do with the pay scale) but I got a thing for cold pizza(like it better than when its hot) so on long days I'll bring a couple of slices along with a couple gallons of gatorade...

I used to say that too.
No, not wanting to take lunch is choice ( and a poor one I think) you (we) have made due to some bull#### story you are telling yourself.
You can usually spot the guys who don't eat, they are having some sort of breakdown around 3 pm.
Trade my fullfillment for a couple ticks on the the clock? Yeah, I'll get right on it.

When I'm dong tree work, I have to eat something during the day or I'll get headaches and real fatigued later on in the day. Having said that, I try to stick with light stuff, like a banana, small turkey and cheese sandwich, and some crackers. If I eat heavy foods I'll get bogged down. Likewise, if I'm driving trucks....if I eat a heavy lunch I'll be fighting the next few hours to keep my eyes open.
I normaly save the burrito's, chicken, pizza and stuff like that for supper.

PROTEIN SHAKES are the best. they are fast and the get the job done when you are in a hurry. Protein or meal replacement bars are decent too, make sure for all us heavy guy thats you look at the sugar levels and maybe even go sugar free. I know it sucks but it helps. You have to eat to keep working at a fast pace, your body needs fuel to keep going. Iif you dont think so try using a chipper with no fuel and see how that works, just a thought.

Back