Too much start/stop = overheat?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I drive truck for a living, local delivery, large computerized fleet. Company wants the engine off as soon as the wheels stop to save on fuel, I would think it would be bad for the fleet but we have trucks that are at or close to a million miles with very little down time in their service life. The company keeps track and posts weekly reports on idle time.

I also took it that there were 200t's being thrown away, but don't bother with them as they are plastic junk when burnt up, I see lots of them at the scrap yard and they are not worth the .20 cents a pound as they are rode hard and put away broke.

I have 40+ year old saws that run as if they were new, just missing some paint in the wear areas.

I drive truck for a living, local delivery, large computerized fleet. Company wants the engine off as soon as the wheels stop to save on fuel, I would think it would be bad for the fleet but we have trucks that are at or close to a million miles with very little down time in their service life. The company keeps track and posts weekly reports on idle time.

I also took it that there were 200t's being thrown away, but don't bother with them as they are plastic junk when burnt up, I see lots of them at the scrap yard and they are not worth the .20 cents a pound as they are rode hard and put away broke.

I have 40+ year old saws that run as if they were new, just missing some paint in the wear areas.

Yep I drove for Werner and they wanted that truck off all the time. I always forgot when I'd fuel up.

I don’t warm them up and I don’t cool em down. Must start a 200T about 100 times a day. I have taken them out of the cut so hot that they are stihl smoking. Get about 2 years out of one before it is dead. Throw it away and get another. It will be paid off by the end of the first job. People worry way too much about chainsaws.

Sorry, I don't think that way, never will. Your way works for you, cool. I will treat my equipment differently, and that should be cool with you, right?

I don’t warm them up and I don’t cool em down. Must start a 200T about 100 times a day. I have taken them out of the cut so hot that they are stihl smoking. Get about 2 years out of one before it is dead. Throw it away and get another. It will be paid off by the end of the first job. People worry way too much about chainsaws.

Me too. I throw mine away after a few cuts. I don't have to worry about scratching or denting them that way. Plus, I can't stand the feel of an old piece of junk in my hands when a brand new saw is only a thousand bucks. What's money? People worry too much about money. It is merely a means to an end.

Me too. I throw mine away after a few cuts. I don't have to worry about scratching or denting them that way. Plus, I can't stand the feel of an old piece of junk in my hands when a brand new saw is only a thousand bucks. What's money? People worry too much about money. It is merely a means to an end.
The quote you quoted on sure doesn't sound like a equipment enthusiasts comment. lolz

I use my equipment until it no longer resembles what it once was. Til it begs to be put out of its misery. Never bought a new car. My current newest car is an '88. Built my house (couldn't afford to pay someone to do it. That's why it looks like shredded wheat on fire.) Hey, any one who has friends is wealthy, right?

How would you like to be Bill Cosby? Or Howard Hughes? There's a billion ultra rich folks who aren't happy and never will be if they're looking for things to satisfy. Poor folks, too.

Latest posts

Back