Took the plunge

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Green

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
This is for stumper63. I just bought a 35 hp B&S from brandnewengines.com. It was delivered yesterday. I have read all the threads for the SC 252 replacement. It is a '93 with a Kohler 25 hp. (it's rod was bent). Just wanted to get this posting online in case I run into problems.

Thanks,
Ken Green [email protected]

Have fun Ken, you won't regret it. Making the new plate and adding a piece of angle iron for it is probably the biggest milestone for ya, after that just bolt it up and go.
My 292 has about 2K hrs now, so one day will be upgrading it too. Might get a Kohler 38 EFI to compare with the Vanguard from my old machine.

Thanks for posting stumper. My B&S cost me $2300 w/muffler & freight. I thought about using the old Kohler mounting plate, but I don't think it's going to be wide enough. I'm taking it in to get some expert advise tomorrow. Measure twice-drill once. That 38 hp Kohler should kick butt! But they're not cheap. Have a good week. Ken

Just got my machine back today. Cost $270.00 for install w/new mounting plate. It is running right now to break-in new 35 hp B&S. Going to run it for 2 hrs. to seat rings. Will send a pic when I get cleaned up. Can't wait to let it rip into some stumps! Need to replace all 4 pillow block bearings. any suggestions?

Latest posts

Back