Tool for Checking to See if Carb Holds Pressure?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul Bunions

Paul Bunions

ArboristSite Operative
Saw a guy rebuilding a Walbro carb in a video. He uses some kind of tool with a pressure gauge to see if carbs hold pressure. Where does a person get that tool?

pioneerguy600

pioneerguy600

Lost in Space
Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.
Thanks. I see they sell a lot of cheap ones. The price on that one doesn't look too bad.
The Mighty Vac tool is very well made, I have 3 of them bought over the years as I did a lot of work outside chainsaws. My oldest Mighty Vac is just a vaccum tool bought back in the 70`s, still works like a charm, tested engines and brake systems on vehicles, big trucks and heavy excavation machines.Lots of heavy use and they all work like new.

Okie

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
If you are a piddler and like to do mechanic work you need a mityvac 8500.
As pioneer guy says they will last forever if taken care of and can be kitted.
I've never had to kit mine but have had to take it apart and clean the vlaves due to carbon chips getting inside when doing vac tests.
I installed a little red Briggs fuel filter onto the Vac hose and it stops the foreign material from getting sucked inside.

You can view a video of I think maybe it's Leon re-building chainsaw carbs and he uses a small pressure bulb and a piece of tygon tubing and a 0-10lb gauge which is handy for bench use and does not take up much space on the workbench. I use a cheap blood pressure bulb on the workbench with a 0-10 lb gauge instead of digging out my mityvac.
Over the years I got a big plastic tool box and keep all my mityvac adapters, different sizes vac and tygon tubing, brake bleeder attachments, mityvac re-build kit where I can find all in one place. (My old style mityvac's that do BOTH pressure and vacuum did not come with the plastic carrying case)

sean donato

sean donato

Chainsaws are like crack... just can't get enough.
. AS Supporting Member.
I use a mity vac 8500 too, although it blue point branded. I did have to get a kit for mine recently. The valve that selects pressure/vac, stem rounded off for some reason. As long as I've had it and as hard as I use it, I didn't mind buying the kit. Only used a few o-rings and the valve out of the kit.