Tool Forum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5 inches from the top of the socket to the tip. I went out and tried it on a 460 cylinder head, perfect fit.

Santa Knows

Guess Santa really does know who's been good or bad.Nice gifts you have there!nothing like receiving something that's useful.
Merry Christmas
Lawrence

Spark Tester

Does anyone have one of these? Do they work good?

Does anyone have one of these? Do they work good?

Yes, they work good. I have one with a 90 degree end, works a little better for saws. Some of the cheap ones are not very bright, hard to see in a bright room.

Yes, they work good. I have one with a 90 degree end, works a little better for saws. Some of the cheap ones are not very bright, hard to see in a bright room.

Good to know, thanks for the info.

Electric Air Compressors Thoughts

Fellas I'm going to be buying an electrical portable air compressor soon.I will be using it for nailer,pinner general cleanup of sawdust filled crevices on chainsaws and in the future spraying chainsaw parts.I have been told I don't need a big compressor for occasionally painting parts, I can get by with using a small touch up spray gun.I would like the compressor to be oil lubricated.
So I'm looking at the Makita MAC2400-12.3amps- 2.5hp-2x2.1 gal air tank-4.2 cfm. or the Makita MAC 5200-13.8amps-5.2gal air tank-6.cfm
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Lawrence

CRAFTSMAN®/MD 3-gallon Air Compressor & 17-pc. Accessory Kit - Sears | Sears Canada

Lawrence, I have this one from sears. I use it for just what you have described and have had good luck with it. I've had it for a few years now with no problems. It is oil lube but it's only 2.4 cfm. It works ok for blowing off saws and running an air nailer though.

No doubt it is not as good a machine as the makitas you are looking at, but it's probably a lot cheaper.

044rebuild004.jpg

My hillbilly crank case splitter.

Fellas I'm going to be buying an electrical portable air compressor soon.I will be using it for nailer,pinner general cleanup of sawdust filled crevices on chainsaws and in the future spraying chainsaw parts.I have been told I don't need a big compressor for occasionally painting parts, I can get by with using a small touch up spray gun.I would like the compressor to be oil lubricated.
So I'm looking at the Makita MAC2400-12.3amps- 2.5hp-2x2.1 gal air tank-4.2 cfm. or the Makita MAC 5200-13.8amps-5.2gal air tank-6.cfm
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Lawrence

Most siphon feed spray guns, patterned like the old Binks Model 7, require about 4cfm and up. Even the HVLP guns need about 4cfm. For an overall spray job on a tractor or auto, listed compressor would be cycling excessively with you having to wait on air, but on small items such as saw parts they should be ok. If using a small cut in or touch up gun it should work fine. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Hillbilly tools are the best. You can over engineer the **** out of them![/QUOTE]

"TIME TO SHOOT THE ENGINEER AND FINISH THE JOB"!!!! :smirk:

Saying we've come up with around our shop. LOL

Iv'e got pics of my finely crafted pickaroon coming soon!

Here is my favorite tool, the can has 50/1 in it and 100# air preasure it can start a bunch of saws before it needs refilled. I don't jerk on a saw more than two or three times before I get the can and give it a little shot.

picture.php
I have the same thing, but mine is stainless steel that I keep mineral spirits in. I use it on old greasy saws, or any thing that's got a lot of grease on it that has been sitting for long time to help clean them up. I just give them a light coating of sprits and let them sit for awhile then hit them with purple cleaner, let that soak for a while then rinse with a pressure washer with a wide spray on the nozzle. I have also used them to apply paint with. you really have to thin the paint, but it does work well. If you do buy one of these get a good one. Some of the cheaper Harbor Freight type ones don't seal real well and leak.

Wanted to share a little bit of hill billy-ness I seen the other day.

It looked like a old wood chiesel, and somebody had whittled out a new handle for it. Then used a UMC 12ga. shotshell brass to go on the end around the chiesel. I thought it was neat, but I didnt get any pics of it.
My great uncle found it, and said the chiesel was made in a blacksmith shop.

Latest posts

Back