tools needed to tune earthquake chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easiest way to make the tool is to take a piece of steel brake line and thin it a bit on a bench grinder, insert one leg of a pair of needle nose pliers in the thinned portion and squeeze it to shape in a vise, the steel will form to the "D" shape of the plier point and your tool is done.

C'mon, you know we need a picture to figure this stuff out. Why do you think we 'Beg for manuals' all the time? FOR THE PICTURES, of course!!! :monkey:

I happened to have an old hand made tool laying around with a bit of brass tubing at the end. I drilled out the OD and put a flat on it, much the same way the guys are doing with the brake line. Works great and no cutting of the screws required. You don't slip off like with a straight blade either.

I just buy the appropriate tool, I have other saws though, and these are more for learning for me. It is nice to just have all of the tools anyway.

Also, you can get a wrap wire digital tach from amazon for like 15 bux which will help tune it.

Just ordered one

Just bought one from this eddiestore2008 on fleebay for 10.73 shipped from China prepaid. Delivery in 10 to 15 days.

I only have one strato saw but it will be a nice addition to the bench.

Ed

I just buy the appropriate tool, I have other saws though, and these are more for learning for me. It is nice to just have all of the tools anyway.

Also, you can get a wrap wire digital tach from amazon for like 15 bux which will help tune it.

could not find the first one I made so I took two minutes to make another.View attachment 272131

Key is to thin it so it forms well and will fit around the adjuster, then you can leave it on the H screw to tune in the cut without it falling off or having to fumble for a tool that was 1/3 the cost of the saw. As you can see I used the leg of the needlenose to form the D shape perfectly, a larger pair of needlenose is recommended.

I got a splined tool for my weed wacker and and gas blower and it works on my 372xp to.It is not a single D or double D but has splines all the way around.I never messed with a double D before but would like to try someday.

Back