Top Handle help please

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I remember correctly you would have to step up to a 7 pin on the rim, does anyone make a 6 pin 3/8 lp rim?

The one I have is a Husqvarna 338 xpt which is still offered as a Jonsorend 2139. You find the rim and drum kit on the husqvarna 339 parts sheet if it is not on the one for the 338. There are earlier numbers of that though the 338 new edition is what I have. Get a piston stop at the same time you get the rim drive kit. I can and have used 3/8 lp in 6 tooth spur and 7 tooth rim(really for full size 3/8 but seems to work) 0.325 in 7 tooth and 1/4 in 9 tooth. Pretty sure there are some Oregon rim drive kits for Echo top handles though not sure if any of them are current models.

If I remember correctly you would have to step up to a 7 pin on the rim, does anyone make a 6 pin 3/8 lp rim?
I kind of doubt there is a 6 pin (well drive link depression) sprocket without a 6 spline drive. There is a nice 9 spline drive with corresponding side ported 9 tooth sprocket in 1/4 I doubt it fits anything current though.

Thanks guys. I'm looking to convert it to 1/4 pitch for carving. I contacted J-red and Baileys about the 2139. They said no. I contacted Husky about the T435, they said no also. I bought a Stihl ms150t, that came set up with 1/4 pitch. I still want a 2139 J-Red set up with a carving bar.

What is different about the 2139 that makes it so that what I did with the 338 and 339 part not applicable? The part number of the six tooth spur and needle bearing is the same 583 82 22 71. Believe who you wish. The oil drive gear needs changed as well. It is like another $50 for the kit, piston stop and oil drive gear and maybe even shipping. Going to that little six tooth spur on a Stihl ms150 is pretty far from what it appeared you wanted. There are likely still a few new/unused 338 xpt new edition out there if one really wanted one bad enough.

Back