Top loading wood stoves?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coog:
Glad the pics came through for you. As Zodiack correctly stated, the stove is a good design that has served me well for many years. As with most things, a few small changes would undoubtedly make it even better. One issue I have often wondered about but never followed through on is taking the air that feeds the stove from the outside of the house rather than the inside. This would allow you to not use air you have all-ready heated to power the stove and keep more BTU's inside the house. Could be something you might want to look into if you end up building your own version.

Maple: :cheers:

Should have read your post,Zodiac.Do they already get a secondary burn?Are those tubes drilled out?

Yep Coog you do get secondary burn off the downdraft tubes. You open the tops (sliders) up and induse the downdraft. I'm thinking of building one this summer with a few mods like a side door for easier loading and cleanout and a bit thicker plate.

MapleMeister, yours is the larger of the two I think just looking at it? If you get a chance could you PM me with the measurements? No hurry just whenever. It will give me a start point. Thanks,
Zee

Last edited:
Invite Steve if you're in the MDI/Ellsworth area. The Tempwood is in the workshop, active. PM me if you want to measure the stove.
I forgot about those air tubes on each of the two inlets. They don't really do any kind of secondary burn, just flow the incoming air down to the base of the fire. Each 3" dia tube is about 14" from top to end.

Latest posts

Back