Tornadoes & Firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no idea how things are going to play out up there in MA, but around here the logging industry showed no interest whatsoever in the timber that came down from the tornado in our area back in April. Most of the timber ended up being so tangled together, dropped in among barb wire fences etc that none of the crews in our area wanted to touch it. If it wasn't hauled off for firewood it was piled and burned outside of town. It was kinda sick watching piles of good wood going up in smoke....tons upon tons of white and red oak, pecan, hickory, you name it.

Ya, that does suck. One might think that an electrical generating plant could use it, a coal burning plant, or it could be cut and "banked" as it were for firewood some years down the road. Anything but just heap it up and burn it. And the government goes on and on about air pollution, yet they do stuff like this.....and then you think about all the unemployment out there....

I like that. And as in the article, I totally agree 110%, much better life experience than dorking around with team sports or videogames.

If we only had 10% of the interest in this nation into actually doing some good, as is lavished on team sports and videogames, the effort, the money, the interest, etc., this nation would be a LOT better off. I am way more impressed with these two teens, than I am with "tebow mania" and any "big game" out there.

It is anyone's business what they believe or not, but just the philosophy of the famous guy who lived 2000 years ago....he only got angry once, at what would be today's central bankers and hedge fund managers, etc, and he showed what he was about by sharing and doing good, with no thought for anything to himself. And he certainly didn't preach and advocate "go out..be part of the Roman circus, be a participant or a spectator"! Nope, that didn't happen....

Back