Totaled 361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodbug

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
My crew has been falling hazard trees along a park road this week that had died off due to a new water line installed a couple years ago.
One of my guys was felling a 10" red oak toward the road when he slid a wedge in set the saw behind him when he went to drive the wedge he saw the tree begin to fall so he moved back and watched as it barber chaired and shot back. Fortunately he got out of the way but the saw didn't :cry: If you dare to look here are the photos.

We have the techology - we can rebuild it...

Oh wait.. it's a 361. Leave it in the corner for a while, keep it warm and it will renew itself.

I'll keep it around and use it the next time I teach a S-212 wildfire saws class as a visual aid for the safety section.

OUCH! Main thing is that no one got hurt, that's all that really matters

They teach you to bend the space/time continuum at Stihl technical update meetings in order to match the common repair time frames in service manuals...

Five minutes? that's nothing!:cheers:

Heck, that's a warranty repair. Lake'll get it by corporate, just take a phone call and maybe a bottle of 400 y/o Scotch in a UPS box.

Ian

Back