Toughest trees to climb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my buddies had one go through his flip flop when we were down at the river fishing a few years back. Made him deathly ill and he got a wicked infection. Some nasty thorns for sure.

I can honestly say that I haven't climbed a tree in shorts since I was a child.

I'm wit ya Raymond. I do em all in shorts in the summer.:cheers:
Yeah a scratch or two on the leg will heal.
A pair of 35 dollar Levis don't.
AVCKECAORT0A5CANK99PTCATLOUW7CAYT69.jpg

Most people could honestly say they haven't climbed a tree since they were a child.

Lol, well you got me there.

I used to work with a guy that climbed in his shorts. This was when I worked for a larger service in Atl. There were like 5 climbers working for this service and we all thought the guy was a little fruity. He was the only climber who wore a helmet but he climbed in shorts... Go figure. He was good at his job though.

Last edited:
Lol, well you got me there.

I used to work with a guy that climbed in his shorts. This was when I worked for a larger service in Atl. There were like 5 climbers working for this service and we all thought the guy was a little fruity. He was the only climber who wore a helmet but he climbed in shorts... Go figure. He was good at his job though.
If you like wearing shorts, you should give it a try T.M.D.
I feel sorry for you guys wearing jeans in the heat of summer.
It's not as hard on your legs as you would think, the comfort alone is worth it.
Anything 60 or above and I have them on.

Ray, the last time I wore shorts someone asked me if those were my legs or did I hijack a chicken...

I'll stick to my long pants thank you very much!

If you like wearing shorts, you should give it a try T.M.D.
I feel sorry for you guys wearing jeans in the heat of summer.
It's not as hard on your legs as you would think, the comfort alone is worth it.
Anything 60 or above and I have them on.

You have saw proof shorts over there?? Wow, you guys got it all!!!

Red Gum, near 130' high on a slope over a house. Tree broke out a main lead at about 60' and ripped too far into the trunk and was a hazard. Climbed lite over the breakout to about 100' and tied a bull-rope with a block in a nearby tree. Anyway, I was kinda scared. Then again, that was a very long time ago.
Jeff

Lagunaria

:cry:Just thought of another one, Lagunaria pattersonii - (Itchy Bomb Tree), it gets in all places of your body just throwin it through the chipper let alone tryin to climb it and cut.

The seed pods have filiments like microsopic needles, NASTY STUFF.

Never climbed a Lombardy poplar before, but I've been on-site and seen several climbers want to pull their hair out over old tall Lombardy poplars loaded with deadwood and widow makers and just sheer volumes of tall skinny stems. Especially if removal is in urban yards and the DBH is 3' plus, and a bucket can't reach it.

i agree

I cant believe you ladies are afraid of a lil ol gum tree. :poke:

Now Phoenix canariensis is the reason God made groundies. Every time I have a discipline issue with my guys I tell em they are pruning that next Date palm. I get an immediate improvement. :)

I must remember that when my crew decides its too nice a day and go on a perve drive as opposed to doin any actual work.

anything with masses of vines. especially the ones that dont give when you pull on them. take a step, cut cut cut cut, take a step, cut cut cut cut, etc

Back