TRACE Training

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCTREE

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here has took TRACE Training(Tree Risk Assessment Course and Exam) and if it was worth the money to take? Morris Aboretum in Philly is offering this 2 day class for $600. Seems kind of pricey just wondering if its any good.

Also the aboretum is offering a short class on techniques for transplanting large tree using an air spade. If anyone knows anything about these class it let me know.

trace

Hey i have taken the trace course, I found it very helpfull. I passed the test so I am a certified tree risk accesor. The test is very hard, it was alot harder that I thought it would be. Alot of short anwser questions which I thought were hard. Are you going to be taking the class for the purpose of just gaining some knowledge or are yoo going to be using the cert? Four people from my compant took the exam and of us passed it. Anyway like I said I thought the class was good there is alot of info to cover, make sure that you read the book prior to the class and have a good underrstanding of the info. The ISA is working on making this an official cert next year, so if you are interested in adding another cert go for it. any other wuestion feel free to ask.

I was wondering if anyone here has took TRACE Training(Tree Risk Assessment Course and Exam) and if it was worth the money to take? Morris Aboretum in Philly is offering this 2 day class for $600. Seems kind of pricey just wondering if its any good.

Also the aboretum is offering a short class on techniques for transplanting large tree using an air spade. If anyone knows anything about these class it let me know.

I took the one at Rutgers and found it worth every penny. That being said, I don't know how it compares to the one offered a Morris.

I had to take it in order to assess the trees for parks and recreation Canada. But to tell you the truth it's like the new falling certification that is required mostly a cash grab. I have been doing this a very long time so most of what they taught I already knew. Plus I don't know about that course or your reason for taking it but they charge you every few years to maintain it! That's bullchit in my opinion. However for a new guy it would be an excellent course for a one time thing just to make you more aware of tree conditions for your own safety.

$600.00 for two days makes it an I.Q. test, IMO.

............and a new cert catagory! Imagine that. :laugh:

25 years of watching arborist turn into cash cows for orgs.

Well Geez! thanks for telling me now, I signed up for it and received the study guide in the mail. So far in my readings it seems mostly review. I hope this isn't gonna be like going back to kindergarden again.

Back