Tracked chipper set up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim1NZ

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
For most of you guys, this set up is simply too small. Here in Europe the main issue is often space or towing allowances or then taxes on heavy vehicles...

So i have a compromise, a small (6 inch) chipper that can drive itself to the tree. It also has a tow bar on the chipper chassis so our tipper trailer can be attached and towed through parks or into the back garden.

I added a link to my website where there are a few more pictures and also a blog post of a few different and interesting setups we saw while working in Switzerland. My website is in German but the blog is in English!

http://www.kilpatrickbaumpflege.com/category/fuhrpark-baumpflege-hamburg/

http://www.kilpatrickbaumpflege.com/news-blog/

Looking forward to hearing comments,
Cheers

Attachments

• Schredder-Einfart.jpg
    Schredder-Einfart.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 89
  • Kilpatrick-Baumpflege-Fuhrpark.jpg
    Kilpatrick-Baumpflege-Fuhrpark.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 83
Looks like a handy little unit. How does it work on slopes?

So the chipper can pull the dump trailer wow that's sweet. Whats fire wood arm size and larger ? you have an area where you can work it up ,sell the fire wood . What happens to the chips .

So the chipper can pull the dump trailer wow that's sweet. Whats fire wood arm size and larger ? you have an area where you can work it up ,sell the fire wood . What happens to the chips .

Yea exactly, if im feeling lazy and the customer doesn't want the wood, ill just chip everything that will go through. Usually we chip into the woods in parkland areas but in private gardens we will chip onto the trailer and dump in a designated area or remove the chip offsite entirely. Its quite rear for the customer or neighbour mot to take the wood around here!

Back