training goats

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grampakev

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
do you think i could train these guys to help out a little?
joannescamera011.jpg

No, You don’t train goats. They train you! Way too smart of a critter for me to own. Good Luck!

No, You don’t train goats. They train you! Way too smart of a critter for me to own. Good Luck!
I disagree, I have trained ours to eat anything I give them and to also smash their heads onto my kneecaps. Sorry, I don't remember the technique I used to impart these valuable traits.

LOL, while we're on the topic, back when I was in highschool I had a friend who's dad sent us to the sale barn to pic up some sheep in the spring. (He turned the sheep loose in the machine yard to keep the grass down) When we get to the sale barn they had goats as well, the goats looked alot cooler than the sheep so :hmm3grin2orange: we brought home goats instead. Here is a visual of what his dad looked like when we pulled in :blob2: There was a ram that we really got to liking and he ended up running around the farm like a regular farm dog, that is until we came back from deer hunting with the pastor and the goat was standing on the hood of pastor's car. :biggrinbounce2: Jamal, and the rest of the goats disapeared after that. From what I remember there wasn't much training to them, they pretty much do what they want, when they want.

LOL, while we're on the topic, back when I was in highschool I had a friend who's dad sent us to the sale barn to pic up some sheep in the spring. (He turned the sheep loose in the machine yard to keep the grass down) When we get to the sale barn they had goats as well, the goats looked alot cooler than the sheep so :hmm3grin2orange: we brought home goats instead. Here is a visual of what his dad looked like when we pulled in :blob2: There was a ram that we really got to liking and he ended up running around the farm like a regular farm dog, that is until we came back from deer hunting with the pastor and the goat was standing on the hood of pastor's car. :biggrinbounce2: Jamal, and the rest of the goats disapeared after that. From what I remember there wasn't much training to them, they pretty much do what they want, when they want.

thats a great story. they realy not that bad. they love climbing on the piles. when im splitting i let them hang with me, but not when im cutting. i'd end up with alot of goat meat in the fridg.

I disagree, I have trained ours to eat anything I give them and to also smash their heads onto my kneecaps. Sorry, I don't remember the technique I used to impart these valuable traits.

:) :) They are easy to train to knock over the water bowl and get there
head stuck in the fence to.:dizzy: They must be pre trained because
they knew how to do it as soon as we got them.

We have three of them and I know that you can't teach them much. One of mine knows his name...wow! They are a blast and I really enjoy them.

i used to have chinese geese. talk about being mean......but they were excellent watch dogs.

We have three of them and I know that you can't teach them much. One of mine knows his name...wow! They are a blast and I really enjoy them.

carven, we have a great time with them, my grandkids love em, the walk the property with me like dogs, we have 4. they just cant be aroud saws.

i used to have chinese geese. talk about being mean......but they were excellent watch dogs.

we had a big tom turkey, this thing was crazy, it used to chase the joggers when they ran by my house, it was the funiest thing to watch. then he just disapeard, i wonder if them joggers got toghter and jacked him up. kevin

We have 5. One was rejected by her mama and so we brought her into the house to raise. She was bottle fed and watched TV in the house for 4 days . . . then she took to doing a tap-dance on the coffee table.
Her name is Babe and she still comes when we call her and she is two now. What a suck she is :biggrinbounce2:
Within that 4 days we could feed her and then take her out and she would do her business outside. Babe trained way faster than any dog or cat we can remember having.

im sitting here lmao because i can pitcure that, they are funny. we had ours dehorned so they wouldnt hurt anybody. kevin

we had a big tom turkey, this thing was crazy, it used to chase the joggers when they ran by my house, it was the funiest thing to watch. then he just disapeard, i wonder if them joggers got toghter and jacked him up. kevin

was he missing around the holidays?

My Father-in-law is in the process of training goats to pull him in a cart. Its the funniest thing. At first one would just lie down. He has come along way and they will pull him around. Its pretty cool.

Latest posts

Back