translucent husky fuel tankes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
i noticed when i got my 359 that the tank is translucent. i read specs alot on saws and never ounce did i read about a visible fuel level in huskys, while stihl advertises visible fuel levels from 270 on up.

reading another thread someone mentioned husky attemping to make clear tanks but that they were weak.

just curious my 359 is a 2005 model and the fuel level can easily be seen. maybe the fuel level can be seen on all models maybe not i dunno i only have the one 359

just curious
thanks
Evan

so all current husky tanks are kinda translucent. or just the ones that are built into the handle?

no husky i have or have ever had has a translucent tank. i just got a 346 xp ne last month and you cant see the gas. you dont really need to just stop every 15-20 minutes or your gonna run outta fuel lol. shes a little ripper but it loves the gas.

no husky i have or have ever had has a translucent tank. i just got a 346 xp ne last month and you cant see the gas. you dont really need to just stop every 15-20 minutes or your gonna run outta fuel lol. shes a little ripper but it loves the gas.

They also eat gas when the filter needs cleaning.

i noticed when i got my 359 that the tank is translucent. i read specs alot on saws and never ounce did i read about a visible fuel level in huskys, while stihl advertises visible fuel levels from 270 on up.

reading another thread someone mentioned husky attemping to make clear tanks but that they were weak.

just curious my 359 is a 2005 model and the fuel level can easily be seen. maybe the fuel level can be seen on all models maybe not i dunno i only have the one 359

just curious
thanks
Evan

The new 445 & 450 saws have a clear strip molded into the orange fuel tank, now you can readily see how much fuel is inside the tank. It is directly below the choke & kill switch.
HUSQVARNA said:
Visible fuel level
Transparent fuel indicator makes it easy to check fuel level.

I am sure they are going to incorporate this feature into a lot more of the saws in the near future.

The new 445 & 450 saws have a clear strip molded into the orange fuel tank, now you can readily see how much fuel is inside the tank. It is directly below the choke & kill switch.

I am sure they are going to incorporate this feature into a lot more of the saws in the near future.

Thats the only husky I have ever been able to see the fuel level through the tank and yes the little strip does work pretty well. My ms 260 had the clear tank but for me it was hard to see the fuel level through the plastic, not clear enough! But I am half blind to! :greenchainsaw:

Dolmar 6400
jonsered 2050
Husky 450
Dolmar 5100

Latest posts

Back