Treated myself to a new saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now you have to decide between the 3 different grip sizes...

What size bar are you running? I'm thinking about buying one of those and putting a 16" bar on it. I bought one of the T536lixp saws recently so I'll be using it for smaller pruning work, etc. I was thinking about selling my 338 to get the T540 but I haven't found anybody local running one. Any thoughts on putting a 16" on it?

What size bar are you running? I'm thinking about buying one of those and putting a 16" bar on it. I bought one of the T536lixp saws recently so I'll be using it for smaller pruning work, etc. I was thinking about selling my 338 to get the T540 but I haven't found anybody local running one. Any thoughts on putting a 16" on it?

Im running a 14" on mine. My 200T wears a 16".

I don't think it's as fast as a 200T in the cut but definitely has more constant power and more torque.

It will pull a 16" fine in hardwood. I ran that size for awhile but prefer a 14.

We have eight T540xp saws, all have 16 inch bars.
Jeff

Yeah, who needs speed in the cut anyway.. especially with all that power and constant torque. Lol.

I know what I said sounds retarded and makes no sense lol kinda hard to explain. I feel the 200 has more chain speed but bogs down when buried where the 540 just keeps chugging a long. Horsepower versus torque.

Hence 'xp',,,,,,
Jeff

I don't know about the Mexican tree pruners in San Diego, but I go to a 372 "xp" with 20" bar when extra torque and cutting speed is needed. Prolly need a little more upper body strength than clicking in the seat belt and steering the ole tundra around requires though. Lol. Just saying.:laugh::thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures:

Latest posts

Back