tree climbing videos......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budroe69moni

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
does anyone out there own any tree climbing videos????
if so, which ones????? the arbormaster series and others
are pretty expensive! which are the best??????
just curious,
budroe:cool:

I have the arbormaster Intro TO Climbing. its pretty good for going over basic equipment and techniques,mainly foot locking and climbing hitches ect. very useful when learning:) i'm signed up for their presion felling class in Richmond va, latter this month;) next tapes that i'll order from them will be the chain saw series:angel:

OK... I've asked the same question on this and other boards and gotten pretty much the same response... which is hardly any..
I interpret that to mean that all the videos presently on the market are not getting anyone excited... My experience with them is that most of them are terrible... some are OK...
The Arbormaster climbing tapes do a decent job of coverring the basics though they were produced in '96 and there have been a lot of advances since then. They are also short and do not go into much detail or discuss variations.. (ie they show footlocking using a prussic, but make no reference to using ascenders or single line technique.)
I haven't seen their saw technique tapes..
The NAA rigging tapes were a waste of time to watch... not to mention $160..
The Chisholm crane tape is light on usefull information (sorry Mark)
There is a set of tapes by INternational Paper on "coaching the pro chainsaw operator" that does a pretty good job of teaching plunge cuts and back release felling technique... though not much else in almost 4 hours of tape.
God Bless All,
Daniel

videos

hey mate:would anyone make me a copy of the climbing videos?
jack

Latest posts

Back