Tree Damage From Crop Spraying

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear those critters are good eating, especially corn fed!
They can be real good eating. Much leaner and drier than beef. Tough to make a burger patty with one though

As for corn fed that brings up a funny story. Back about 1987 or so we had a lot of folks that would come out and deer hunt with us on our farm. It was about noon and a guy had shot a deer up near where we gathered for lunch. The group of us were standing around him as he was field dressing it. The conversation turned to someone saying something about the damage to corn that deer do. Another guy piped up "deer don't eat corn" Now right about this point the entrails are out on the ground. My cousin was working on the deer and looks up at him and just shakes his head . He reaches over the the gut pile and slices open the stomach and intestines showing the partially digested corn WEEW what an odor. We all laughed and the guy that said deer don't eat corn gagged nearly puking. Yes they eat corn and well fed in many places. They really love tender wheat shoots under the snow and will paw down through the snow to get them. As for beans I have not seen an issue with that but as I say all the time everyone's area is different. Deer will adapt to the area they are in and eat what they need to. Just cause they do not eat many beans here surely does not mean they do not destroy them in Delaware. What they eat here is going to be different

We camp at the fairgrounds when we come down for the Nascar race. I always liked Harrington and the surrounding countryside. Do you guys run the big pivot sprinklers?
Yeah a few we have more unirrigated than we do irrigated. We’ve had good weather. I’ve only put about an inch of water out. Hope it (weather) holds up

How are your crops doing?

Yeah a few we have more unirrigated than we do irrigated. We’ve had good weather. I’ve only put about an inch of water out. Hope it (weather) holds up

How are your crops doing?
Stuffs growing pretty good. Had a couple of acres of wheat out for cover crop and ended up combining it. Almost 62 bu/A. Have more sweet corn to plant and cole crop transplants are coming this week.

My wheat ran 57. Old man had some better and some way worse. Price is good so I’m ok with it. Had a neighbor get some he said ran 120. I’d say if it was that good he did very well on that field.
Mine was just broadcast/bin run/no fert and no weed spray so I was happy. Neighbor charged me $60 to combine.

I believe she's still here reading but taking a break.

Well you are probably right but she is not reading what I write as she put me on "ignore" for at least the second time

The OP (original poster) seems to have taken a job as head administrator at band camp. It looks like it was a lifetime appointment.

Latest posts

Back