tree id w/leaf pic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boostnut

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Got a few trees with this leaf & thingamajig in the area, just wondering what they are. I'll guess they're about 40' tall. I wouldn't think they will be too tuff to i.d. since they've got this foot long green bean looking thing, I've never seen anything similar. Any guesses?

View attachment 309298

What they said. Big webby nests crawling with caterpillars fit right on a number 6 or 8.

put "catalpa worms" into google image search

Tell me more, I'm all ears when it comes to fishin.

I don't know iffen them trees would grow on the bank of a lake, but that would be a great fisihin spot.
learned a trick a long time ago and thought it was a bunch of crap til we did it.
find some roadkill and hang it from a branch of a tree(skunks aren't that great, mainly because the small can get nasty as is) over water( preferably water with fish in it. a puddle probably wont work). as the roadkill gets all kinds of bugs in it and all kinds of bugs fall into the water, a feeding frenzy occurs and its some great fishin.
ive caught a crapload of crappie, gills, perch, and some pretty big bass this way.

Back