Tree roots next to home

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmaldo

Reaction score
I am a novice about trees, but my neighbor has a tree approx 30 ft. from our house. The roots are coming into our yard, running along side of our home. Is there a way we can remove those roots without removing the tree? The canopy of the tree is becoming quite large also. I am concerned if we ask them to trim the tree, it's roots will just grow stronger towards our house. We would hate to have them remove the tree, but is that our only option? I will post a picture soon as I do not what kind of tree it is. Thanks for any ideas.

I am trying to add a picture of the tree, but can't seem to upload it. No, I have only slightly talked to my neighbors about it. I wanted to get some information and then go talk with them.

Last edited:
dmaldo said:
I am concerned if we ask them to trim the tree, it's roots will just grow stronger towards our house. .
This will not happen.
The roots can be pruned and otherwise managed to train them away from your foundation. This work should only be done by an experienced, preferably Certified, arborist.

Have you talked to your neighbors about your concerns?

Do not be surprised when the neighbors do not see anything wrong.

Latest posts

Back