Tree Trimmers & Ground men Wanted

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CraneOp1

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Drivers license required, Class B CDL a plus but not necessary.
Tree trimmers must have 1 year or more of rope and saddle experience.
Grounds men experience a plus, will train willing hard workers.
Please note all positions require a drivers license and the ability to drive a stick or willingness to learn, no exceptions.

For application come to:

Blanchard Tree
1530 Kieswetter Rd.
Holland, Ohio

Or call:

419-865-9448
Ask for Charlie

There is a debate over in another part of the forum about what to furnish an employee. I say that someone showing up for work should have the proper pants, shirt, boots, hand and head gear read to go to work. The workers say that they do not own such items and that the employer should furnish them everything. I ask that if an employee does not own work clothes, boots, hand and head gear to feed his family, what else does he own in its place that is more important? None have yet to reply to that inquiry. But I am tired of workers showing up empty handed without even proper work clothes. Let alone enough cigaretts to make it through the day. What do you say? Its all gimme, gimme, gimme.

buff said:
There is a debate over in another part of the forum about what to furnish an employee. I say that someone showing up for work should have the proper pants, shirt, boots, hand and head gear read to go to work. The workers say that they do not own such items and that the employer should furnish them everything. I ask that if an employee does not own work clothes, boots, hand and head gear to feed his family, what else does he own in its place that is more important? None have yet to reply to that inquiry. But I am tired of workers showing up empty handed without even proper work clothes. Let alone enough cigaretts to make it through the day. What do you say? Its all gimme, gimme, gimme.
Maybe if you paid more you would have better equipped people showing up, just a thought. Charlie is asking for decent help, not asking for opinions, good luck to you Charlie.

Asking the employer for more money to buy clothes is just another way to get the employer to pay for whatever a worker should already own. Let me ask once more. If a man does not own the proper clothes, boots, hand and head gear to feed his family. What else did he spend his money on that was more important? About paying people more...why does this request always come without any effort on the employees part to earn more?

CraneOp1 said:
Drivers license required, Class B CDL a plus but not necessary.
Tree trimmers must have 1 year or more of rope and saddle experience.
Grounds men experience a plus, will train willing hard workers.
Please note all positions require a drivers license and the ability to drive a stick or willingness to learn, no exceptions.

For application come to:

Blanchard Tree
1530 Kieswetter Rd.
Holland, Ohio

Or call:

419-865-9448
Ask for Charlie

I think buff missed the point, or he did not understand the post.:buttkick:

buff said:
About paying people more...why does this request always come without any effort on the employees part to earn more?
Buff, you have issues, I work hard, buy my own clothes and safety equipment, never blow shifts, always producing. Your statement here is without fact and hints at stinginess on your part, Scrooge McDuck, if the employee is good and works hard, pay him well, if he is lazy, send his ass down the road, simple.

I never said I did not pay my workers well. I just believe that a man should show up for work with the clothes, shoes and hand gear necessary to feed his family. And, if he does not own it, what did he spend his money on that was more important.

an employee might not want to fork out all that money for gear, until he decides wether or not he/she is suited to the job.........

it really depends on the industry you work in...when i was a ERT member in a lockdown unit at a local hospital, all of our P.P.E (gloves, nitrile gloves, mask, goggles, stab proof/bulletproof vests, pants, shirts, radios) was provided as per WCB regulations. Yet when i moved to being groundsman, i spent my first paychit ($500) on a Petzl Vertex helmet, a metal mesh flipvisor, Peltor 34 DB redection helmet earmuffs, and pair (single really :) ) of kevlar /cordura chainsaw pants.

Some employers (any industry)have no prob providing the gear, others want you to show up with your own gear. I personally prefer to supply my own gear (PPE) as well as my own lifelines, carabiners etc. I have seen first hand how that kind of gear gets treeated and there is no way in hell i would use gear that was not my own, that did'nt have a logbook of its use etc.

back to the original thread now.....sorry charlie for the hijack....

Last edited:
SRT-Tech said:
an employee might not want to fork out all that money for gear, until he decides wether or not he/she is suited to the job.........

it really depends on the industry you work in...when i was a ERT member in a lockdown unit at a local hospital, all of our P.P.E (gloves, nitrile gloves, mask, goggles, stab proof/bulletproof vests, pants, shirts, radios) was provided as per WCB regulations. Yet when i moved to being groundsman, i spent my first paychit ($500) on a Petzl Vertex helmet, a metal mesh flipvisor, Peltor 34 DB redection helmet earmuffs, and pair (single really :) ) of kevlar /cordura chainsaw pants.

Some employers have no prob providing the gear, others want you to show up with your own gear. I personally prefer to supply my own gear (PPE) as well as my own lifelines, carabiners etc. I have seen first hand how that kind of gear gets treeated and there is no way in hell i would use gear that was not my own, that did'nt have a logbook of its use etc.

back to the original thread now.....sorry charlie for the hijack....
You spent $500 on a hat and chaps? No way. Or those fancy hats are way, way outaline, a Husky/Stihl hardhat with muffs and a screen is like $60-70, chaps are no more than $80, fallers pants like $130 at the most, $200 tops for both items. Did you work at one of those places on the Slowheed Hwy, like Essingdale? Treework can be crazy too..........

clearance said:
You spent $500 on a hat and chaps? No way. Or those fancy hats are way, way outaline, a Husky/Stihl hardhat with muffs and a screen is like $60-70, chaps are no more than $80, fallers pants like $130 at the most, $200 tops for both items. Did you work at one of those places on the Slowheed Hwy, like Essingdale? Treework can be crazy too..........

yes way :)

Petzl vertex Best helmet: $79.32
Visor, forestry balck metal mesh $12.78
rain cover $13.25
Peltor earmuffs, extreme noise reduction $38.10
WCB approved Kevlar.cordura slash pants $132.81
suspenders $20.05

total after taxes (7% sales + 7% ) $331.92

PLUS

leather work boots and 3 pairs of leather gloves $170

= around $500 CDN $$ for PPE equipment.

:cheers:

i buy the most comfortable gear i can, some of the lesser priced helmets and earmuffs did'nt fit properly. If im going to be wearing the PPE all a\day, it better be comfortable.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back