Tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Farm Tough, Just take a picture of every tree on your property. Someone will provide you with a list of names for the trees. It will save time.

Ummm, then what do you think it is? The leaf is exactly the same as silver maple, as is the leggy branching pattern.

How bout this one?:

500453966_8bbb334f9e_o.jpg

That looks like jap. maple.
(reffering to rbtrees pic)

Last edited:

huh? what do you mean no? the pic you posted is a silver maple farm tough.
have I been wrong on any of your ID questions yet?
keep posting them, we'll keep answering them. but to come onto a site full of tree experts with a tree ID question and then disbelieve the answers is rude imo.
Ummm, then what do you think it is? The leaf is exactly the same as silver maple, as is the leggy branching pattern.
yup!
-Ralph

Last edited:
huh? what do you mean no? the pic you posted is a silver maple farm tough.
have I been wrong on any of your ID questions yet?
keep posting them, we'll keep answering them. but to come onto a site full of tree experts with a tree ID question and then disbelieve the answers is rude imo.

yup!
-Ralph

I agree.
And I also agree with Ralphs answer.
Acer saccharinium Linnaeus.
Silver maple.

Trees with deeply cut leaves are often planted,
such as cut leafed maple and Wier's maple. The name
A. saccharinium ' Laciniatum' ( or Wieri) is generally applied to those cut-leafed forms. Their leaves sre variable, but deeply cleft with the lobes much dissected.

Last edited:
No/ referred to taking pics of every tree as suggested by another in this forum....:dizzy:

O. nevermind then. feel free to post a pic of every tree. its cool with me. we all like a trivia game anyway and different areas of the country have diff trees too. gives us a chance to see uncommon stuff
-Ralph

I apologize FarmTough. I didn't know this was a trivia thing. I just thought you would get all of your answers faster if you posted a pick of every tree you didn't know. The trivia aspect changes the whole dynamic for me.

I apologize FarmTough. I didn't know this was a trivia thing. I just thought you would get all of your answers faster if you posted a pick of every tree you didn't know. The trivia aspect changes the whole dynamic for me.

I could probably look this stuff up in a book and identify the trees in question, which I will do from now on but it is interesting to read peoples comments. I really only became interested knowing what a particular tree is instead of just saying I have trees....when we bought the ol' farm. As far as ppls making it trivia....havent a clue.Peace Out.

Back