treehouse masters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stltreedr

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Watching 'Treehouse Masters" now, while waiting for this ice storm to do something. They're building a $45,000 treehouse directly underneath a three phase power line lead. I know our policy is to remove any treehouses upon finding them near the conductors. This one is in California, I can only imagine their policy is as strict as ours. Someones going to be severely pissed off next time maintenance cycle comes along.

Watching 'Treehouse Masters" now, while waiting for this ice storm to do something. They're building a $45,000 treehouse directly underneath a three phase power line lead. I know our policy is to remove any treehouses upon finding them near the conductors. This one is in California, I can only imagine their policy is as strict as ours. Someones going to be severely pissed off next time maintenance cycle comes along.

I am not familiar with the show, but if they are told to remove it that is exactly what they will be forced to do.

$45,000 is an awfully expensive pile of firewood. :laugh:

Not to mention the tree they were building it in was a heavely topped olive tree, not something I'd put a 45k treehouse in that's meant to be permanent. I like how Pete uses himself as a human shield to protect the house from being a hit by a falling limb.

Our kids love the show. My son told me that one of the tree houses built on the show was 180K. I guess the buyers usually tell the builder what their budget is and then he goes from there.

I almost took a job with a treehouse building company but turned it down due to the travel.

I am not familiar with the show, but if they are told to remove it that is exactly what they will be forced to do.
$45,000 is an awfully expensive pile of firewood.

I'm guessing in this case they may give the owner the option to pay to have this span put underground. Probably another $10k, though. Maybe not a big deal for someone that just spent $50k on a treehouse.

I'm guessing in this case they may give the owner the option to pay to have this span put underground. Probably another $10k, though. Maybe not a big deal for someone that just spent $50k on a treehouse.

That's very true. Regarding money, some in this world work hard to earn it and some are here to only burn it!! ;)

It looked out of the right away to me

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
I kept looking at it throughout the episode, thinking it may be an illusion. Toward the end, when the project was completed, the roof was definitely within 2-3 feet of the secondary wires. I don' t even know how they put the roof on.

Back