Trees growing into my power lines

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the basic service from my electric company as do many in IL MO. Ameren will do a temp disconnect and have no charge for the service and if you are worried about your cable lines that go to the house tell your cable company and advise them that the trees are creating a hazard. Then rather than to risk having the lines snapped in a storm they might drop those lines to. Try and see whats best for you and your family.

Cable and tv are often easy to DIY. Yeah most electric cos will drop for free, definitely the way to go sometimes.

As someone who recently went through, this process it is very simple, call the electric co. and schedule a time for them to drop the lines they will do this for free, next call the cable co. and phone co. tell them when the electric co is going to drop the lines and schedule them to drop theirs as well. Then it is up to your tree guys to see if their schedule works with everyone else.

Latest posts

Back