Treesave or Cobra?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scars2prove-it

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am going to add support to a co-dominant Yellow Poplar next month and would like your input on what system to use. I have been using J lags and steel wire but that is too time consuming. The non-invasive support slings for the Treesave system are a bit pricey. What would you use for a non-invasive synthetic support system.

The cobra is much easier to install IMO. If I hadn't already promised to give my remaining treesave to a friend in Portland I'd offer it up for the price of shipping. Just got a box of cobra in that is going into a 5 stemmed oak.

at work we always use steel cable with through bolts. but i have a couple trees a home with codoms (a. holly and lob. pine) that i would like to support. i want to try the fabric systems, but am unfamiliar. which is better and can i use them on a span less that 10'?

Like Nick I like the Cobra system. Saw it for the first time at the TCI expo in Baltimore. Sherrill did a course on it and the rigging software. I've used it several times and like the ease of installation and the marketability of the non-invasive properties.

I've used plenty of Cobra. It's a good system. Guradian which is made for Fresco Arborist Supply is also a nice system. The splice is a brummel so it is super simple.

Any of the dynamic cabling systems are better for the tree than static systems.

Been very happy with Cobra... installed our first system over 4 years ago... and every one since has been very simple, no problems, and no failures (yet!) I keep thinking I might come along something that I will "need" to use the left over steel stuff for.... it just keeps rusting!

Latest posts

Back