trick for quick better saw handle grip?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldboy

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I've been doing some carving recently, often for hours at a time. With all the oil/fuel fills, chain adjustments, it seems inevitable that oil gets on hands or gloves, causing a slightly slippery grip. With all the funky body/saw position that carving requires, as well the constant saw hand changing, I'd like to know if there is anything people use to ensure a solid grip after getting oil on hands/gloves. I do some rock climbing, and to help with grip, I use chalk dust (as do most rock climbers). With the saw, I usually try to wipe my hands off on my pants, can anyone suggest a better way?

Thanks,

Dan

Is it feasible or practical to keep a box of those plastic "lunch lady" gloves nearby?
If so, just use them when you're refueling and doing the chain adjustments.
If those aren't tough enough or to sloppy of a fit, try the nitrile gloves.
I'm not a carver but I can relate to greasy gloves being a pain in the forearms from having to
fight to grip things with them.
I keep a box of the nitrile ones around for keeping stuff off of my hands.

If you ever wear contact lenses , you'll rapidly gain an appreciation for not getting
your hands directly in contact with petroleum prods or hot sauce, etc.
Damned "canned air"/freeze spray has a horrific bitternt in it for dissuading the stupid huffers.
Unwittingly, I got that stuff on some tools and ruined 3 pairs of contacts before I realized where
I was getting the problem from.
Makes your eyes well up slimy'ner than a slug in salt and you damn near can't rub the lenses out then.

I use a no spill easy pour fuel can for gas and a laundry detergent container to do bar oil and am sure not to overfill . Easiest way to get oil off gloves is not to get it on your hands to begin with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back