TriLink Chain..Any Good??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As for Chinese products, the Oregon and Carlton LP chains are made in China.

If you read the backs of consumer packages of Oregon chain, they are typically labeled:
"Made in USA", or
"Made in Brazil", or
"Assembled in China from components manufactured in USA or Brazil"

I have no doubt that high quality products can be made in China - look at most Apple and IBM/Lenovo computers, etc. But too often, products are off-shored to cut corners. As for steel, even if 2 companies start with the same raw materials, it is no guarantee of getting the same quality product at the end. Just like giving 2 cooks the same raw ingredients and expecting to get the same quality food.

The Carlton chain is no longer Carlton chain. It is Oregon chain branded as Carlton.

Not sure what you mean by this. Same quality? Same materials? They still have different shapes/profiles, etc. Not sure about Ray Carton's ideas of sharpening cutters after assembling them into the chain, File-O-Plates, etc.

The test for comparing Tri-Link, Oregon, Carlton, STIHL, etc. chains should be based on side-by-side comparisons, user expereince, etc.

Philbert

apparently i am very lucky where i am at because it is actually cheaper for me to stop at stihl shop and get stihl chains then oregon or any other, and i can say for a fact that i prefer stihl made chains over any of the others hands down i have tried the others for whatever reason over the years and always ended up getting a stihl chain within a few days.

I use 3/8 .050 62 drive link TriLink chain s cut a bough cord than thay got dull

Latest posts

Back