Trouble shooting used EA6100P

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJD85

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Ok so as you guys know i just got one of these bad boys and have been super excited about it. Finally had some time to putz around with it sharpen the chain clean it up a bit ECT. So I noticed the filter was extremely caked with dirt. Every crevice in the felt was just filled. But it starts every time. Well at least it did. I cleaned the filter out with warmsoapy water. And picked the remainder out with blunt peice of my leatherman. I covered the carb and put it in choke so no dirt got in. I thought I flooded it at first but I only choked it twice. I dont have a tool handy to take the spark plug out so unflooded it by pumping the pull and then starting it with the throttle full in. It wanted to start almost did. Oil came out of the muffler. Not just smoke but a smidge of liquid. So not shure what thats about but it hase never happened on my craftsman pro. So tell me what you guys think. Im thinking maybe the thing was tuned to its super dirtt filter, and now that its cleaned it wont start. Let me kbow guys really,bummed out here. Also the pic is after cleaning and yes I let it dry first
eda80768309c6252f191d7973cb7dce1.jpg

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Got it to turn over but only idles for,a secont or two

Update so I got it to start and idle pretty good. I went out back to put it in wood and it dies on full throttle in the wood. Almost sounds like a weak 4 stroke with no power at all.

Latest posts

Back