TRUCK W/HOLAN 50' boom opinions....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lando88

Reaction score
Were looking at getting an F800 with a HOLAN 50' boom Model#819-50-3.
It is a overcentre forestry boom. Just wondering if anyone has had experience with these.... any input would be appreciated...thanks

I personally have never ran the holan??? non of the companies my way have ever used them or do use them. Might be a service area thing?

just have a mechanic inspect it thoroughly for ya!!

LXT...........

Holan went out of business years ago, back in the 90's??? I ran a 819 in NYC for a while, slow boom, shallow bucket, triple handles for controlers. Had a chain drive leveling system that gave a jerky ride. Also the 819 had the main cables on the outside of the boom with some fiberglass covers over them, always getting leaves and debris in the main cable wheels. Very wide boom and basket setup, I remember only be able to work from 3 sides of the basket, since I could not reach past the control side. OK for removals with the right setup but pruning work was a pain. Given a choice I prefer Hi-ranger or Altec, Aerial lift of Conn has a better product also. JMHO.

Latest posts

Back