True North bar cover

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drptrch

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
42” bar cover/ pack $20
https://truenorthoutlet.com/collections/wildland/products/saw-bar-cover-1
dd2f6cf6af82ce14865ba61a7b06b1f7.jpg

Erik

I see that. But dam.....

Yea Leather. The son in law makes saddles and all sorts of things for the outdoors, even saw bar covers, crosscut saw covers, gun scabbards, knife sheaths, axe sheaths and more.

The cost for good leather is astronomical!!! Half a hide from Tandy (the not so good leather) is about $200.

Better quality heavy oil tanned hides are much more. You may be able to get 2 saw covers for a 42 inch bar from half a hide.

Then add in the cost of doing business, equipment (his heavy duty leather sewer cost $4000) and all the related costs and yea, a good leather cover cost a bunch.

I bought the true north 42 inch cover for him to use on his falling saw (he is a logger also) that rides around in the pickup and gets packed over his shoulder up the hills. His leather work is too good to beat up in the wet Oregon Coast Rain falling old growth timber!!! The cost for the 42 inch True North is dirt cheap, think I will order some more. My guess is some Wildfire Fighting Outfit had an order in and then cancelled.

Back