trying to put a ford sraight six 4.9 from f150 on a morbark 200

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephen

Reaction score
I bought the chipper with no motor or pto so I bought a 95ford fuel injected f150.I was told it would haveenough torque.I need suggestions. Morbark is telling me next to impossible as far as a governor a bell housing that's not industrial. I need help.

I bought the chipper with no motor or pto so I bought a 95ford fuel injected f150.I was told it would haveenough torque.I need suggestions. Morbark is telling me next to impossible as far as a governor a bell housing that's not industrial. I need help.

Next to imposssible or not that hard at all if you have access to a machine shop and fabrication skills. Anything is possible if you have the tools and know how. You won't be able to do this in your drive way with a socket set. Im sure a plate could be made up to bolt to the back of the staight six and the sae industrial bell housing.

Way more trouble then its worth. Try an find a L6 Ford engine that came out of a chipper. You can usually find one pretty cheap. I have several but that dosen't do yo any good since the cost plus shipping would be more then you want to spend.

Governor should be pretty easy, get a pierce or hoof belt drive governor. If it has a clutch, then you wold need the correct bell housing. If it has a pulley and belt, you might be able to get one that mounts to the existing flywheel. As someone else said it might still be easier to get an ford industrial 6.

The Funk clutch, bell and pto can be had from Foley Engine for about $1400 last time i checked but those guy are crooks. Hopefully I'll never have to buy from them again. The Hoof governor can be had new for $900 on Ebay. Then you need a cowling, radiator $500. And what your left with is an engine totally wrong for it application. (((Truck engines do not do well in chippers and chipper engines do not do well in trucks))))

I can tell you, for sure it will not work.

The Funk clutch, bell and pto can be had from Foley Engine for about $1400 last time i checked but those guy are crooks. Hopefully I'll never have to buy from them again. The Hoof governor can be had new for $900 on Ebay. Then you need a cowling, radiator $500. And what your left with is an engine totally wrong for it application. (((Truck engines do not do well in chippers and chipper engines do not do well in trucks))))

I had a Model 13 that I had an industrial 300 inline 6 and I pour tons of money into rebuilding everything on it and then the bottom end went on it. That is not a good idea I lost near 10k of what I had in the chipper, when I intially had engine issues I should have gone diesel right from the get go... Your never going to get that to work right, and if you do your will soon realize what the difference is between the industrial build and the car build, but don't take my word on it... I guess anything will work if your super handy and have a lot of money to waste...

I have a Cummins 4 cy. Power unit that came out of a Morbark chipper wityh clutch, mostly complete, does need rad. core. $400. Steve
Falmouth, me 207-939-5469
I had a Model 13 that I had an industrial 300 inline 6 and I pour tons of money into rebuilding everything on it and then the bottom end went on it. That is not a good idea I lost near 10k of what I had in the chipper, when I intially had engine issues I should have gone diesel right from the get go... Your never going to get that to work right, and if you do your will soon realize what the difference is between the industrial build and the car build, but don't take my word on it... I guess anything will work if your super handy and have a lot of money to waste...

Treeclimber101 has a 86hp diesel (might not be 86 hp but its in the 80 hp range) engine off of a morbark model 13 chipper. It has everything you need. just unbolt, rebolt. He wants $4000 for it. PM him if your interested.

I have a intake table, and discharge chute for sale for a model 200 if your in need of either.

Treeclimber101 has a 86hp diesel (might not be 86 hp but its in the 80 hp range) engine off of a morbark model 13 chipper. It has everything you need. just unbolt, rebolt. He wants $4000 for it. PM him if your interested.

I have a intake table, and discharge chute for sale for a model 200 if your in need of either.

There an idea. Lets start a spare parts forum.

I have a Cummins 4 cy. Power unit that came out of a Morbark chipper wityh clutch, mostly complete, does need rad. core. $400. Steve
Falmouth, me 207-939-5469

Do you have pics of it? Was it running well when you took it out? How many hours are on it? Do you have it on a pallet and can you load it onto a truck?
I have a Bandit modle 95 with a blown Cummins. Been waiting for the right engine to come along.

Do you have pics of it? Was it running well when you took it out? How many hours are on it? Do you have it on a pallet and can you load it onto a truck?
I have a Bandit modle 95 with a blown Cummins. Been waiting for the right engine to come along.

I think the engine eddie has is a cummins.

Cummins 4 cy engine.

I don't know much about the engine, I bought it on a chipper and sold just the chipper. I should take head and pan off to see whats wrong, A few small parts missing. Needs new rad core, also has all metal work and rockfort clutch. STEVE

Ok I've been talked out of it.thanx.sold truck. Now looking for a cheap wipper chipper with everything I need for a swap.not having much luck for under a thousand.

Back