TSC bar oil on sale again

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks thats all I use in my saws. Looks like it time to stock up!!

Might have been a one day sale or a managers special but I picked up 4 gallons there 2wks ago for 4.95/gal. They had it all stacked up in front of the registers so I couldn't help myself. Between them and Wally world I'm several gallons ahead for the season.Baileys has it cheap now too but you got to buy 200.00 worth or something to get free shipping which is the only way its makes sense. The cheapest I ever bought it 1/qt last year. Called about more and found out it was a one time deal. Shoulda bought a skid worth of it.

Last edited:
I snagged another 4 Gallons this afternoon! WOOOHOOO!!!

With Apologies to the Canucks for the low oil prices of course.:D

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Do a lot of people use this oil, all I have are stihl saws so all i use is stihl bar oil and stihl mix for the gas. Would love to get oil cheaper but was wondering if damage could be done to saw?

Do a lot of people use this oil, all I have are stihl saws so all i use is stihl bar oil and stihl mix for the gas. Would love to get oil cheaper but was wondering if damage could be done to saw?

No. I have had a stihl saw since 1983. Used probably 2 gallons of Stihl bar oil and perhaps a 6 pack of Stihl mix in 26 years. That old saw is an 028 and it runs as good today as it did when new. Never been apart.

theres a good chance there are more people running this brand than any other, I ran 6 gallons since feb myself. It won't hurt your saw.

Run it!
It's good stuff down to a little below freezing, then ya gotta cut it a smidge with Diesel or winter weight.

The TSC stuff is fine in any saw and plenty tacky.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

No. I have had a stihl saw since 1983. Used probably 2 gallons of Stihl bar oil and perhaps a 6 pack of Stihl mix in 26 years. That old saw is an 028 and it runs as good today as it did when new. Never been apart.

you only used 2 gallons of bar oil in 26 yrs?

2/gals and 1 pack or premix....hmmmm.....so what are you doing on this site?????? I can go through that much in a couple months or less.

Your absolutely right! Don't EVER USe anything but Stihl Oil and Mix.....yep,yep....hmmyep. hehehehehehe
Oh yeh almost forgot....don' ever use any other chain either. Yep stick to Stihl chain or you might damage your saw.

I've used plenty of TSC bar oil and it works fine, no complaints here!

2/gals and 1 pack or premix....hmmmm.....so what are you doing on this site?????? I can go through that much in a couple months or less.

I know your joking - right.... But just in case maybe I better claify my point... My saws have seen numerous other kinds of bar and chain oil, do not know how much, but a lot over the years and they work just fine thank you without using Stihl oils.

I know your joking - right.... But just in case maybe I better claify my point... My saws have seen numerous other kinds of bar and chain oil, do not know how much, but a lot over the years and they work just fine thank you without using Stihl oils.

Sorry I miss understood your reply! Might stock up on some tsc!

Back