Two loads of firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rleonard

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I performed my annual wood harvest over the weekend. Me cutting and a helper on the tractor. My dog watching over every operation from a distance.
I brought home one load Saturday and one Sunday. This should keep me busy for a while splitting and stacking.

Anyone in central Illinois interested in bucking some clean white oak? I know better than to ask about splitting and stacking!

Bob

IMG_1266.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1265.jpg

IMG_1273.jpg

Wow, nice harvest! Any idea on what the loaded trailer weighed in at???

Wow nice load!

I have a GSD that looks just like your boy. They are great dogs

Wow! What a load. I would think logs like that would have more value at a saw mill and cut up the tops for firewood.

It never ceases to amaze me how much that a one-ton pickup with a diesel can pull. Twelve tons on that load? Maybe more? Incredible.

Beautiful German Shepherd. Move me 400 miles closer and I'd be sawin' with you. :greenchainsaw:

p.s. I used to teach at Eastern Illinois University, but I refuse to say when. Nobody here would ever believe me.

Last edited:
One thing to think of.

When stopping in a soft field while pulling a loaded trailer.I always try to basically jack knife the truck and trailer. This way when you go to take off straight you will only be moving one set of trailer tires at first.. So you get it moving then keep on trucking.. But
The method of loading and hauling even makes me envious. LOL and I have a few toys myself.

That load can't be too much, the truck is still sitting level.

Nice clean wood there RL, that is processor friendly for sure. Or maybe set up a get-together for the next load, then it'll get cut up in record time with a bevy of saws.

That load can't be too much, the truck is still sitting level.

Nice clean wood there RL, that is processor friendly for sure. Or maybe set up a get-together for the next load, then it'll get cut up in record time with a bevy of saws.

Could be that the truck might have airbags or timbrens. Those will keep the truck from sagging.

Nice load, you deliver? I'm about 2 hours northwest of ya.

WoodDoc, I'll be the one to ask. When and what did you teach at EIU? I'm an alum, so is my dad and grandpa.

Latest posts

Back