Two new projects

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimTaylor

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
A couple of new cad fixes today. 61 and 380cd. Both good p&c spark and compression. Both will get an extensive maintenance period, seals, fuel lines , av etc and bar and chain. Can't wait to hear the 380 even though I only bought it for possible parts for my 2100cd. Cad strike.
36816ec8a39b606ea88dfa1260b34902.jpg
4a5518217bfcd3868e53771c8e33d926.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk

I'm really bad at remembering to take photos as I go, so I don't normally post them at all.going to try really hard to post progress pics as I go this time.

Question in the back of my mind is what to do with the 61? It could become a 272 with some easy to find bits. Would that ruin it? It would save wear and tear on the p&c but those bits aren't hard to find for this model anyway.

wadda you reckon a 288 is worth? It's in good running order. Dropped a few Jarrah power poles with it recently. It's too much for the farmer, so it hardly gets used.

I let a mint 2100 slip through my fingers a few years ago. Don't want to make a similar mistake with the 288. but don't know what they are worth.

Neither do I really. More outside of New Zealand. I know a bigger husky fan than I am, and I'll ask him

I let a mint 2100 slip through my fingers a few years ago. Don't want to make a similar mistake with the 288. but don't know what they are worth.
Quick short obvious answer, it's worth what someone will pay for it, if it's in good condition, clutch, covers, av etc , then maybe quite a lot. Not as much as a Stihl o56 but maybe similar to an 048 (Stihls get better money in nz for some reason) bar and chain in good condition mIght help. I picked up most of a 2100 at the recycling centre and payed $5. And was given a Stihl 076 for nothing, so random things do still happen. And I'd probably pay $1000 for a good 2100 if the wife didn't find out......

wadda you reckon a 288 is worth? It's in good running order. Dropped a few Jarrah power poles with it recently. It's too much for the farmer, so it hardly gets used.
If you are buying then it's tricky. You could try the old swap for something lighter trick.

I started out remembering photos. Didn't last. Must do better. Started out on the 380cd General condition really good just very dirty. All screws loose including the flywheel. Muffler was clean and so was the carb.And the piston looked awesome........So I gave it all a clean, set the points, did a leak check, put it all together and fired it up. Unbelievable, it settled into that epic old husky idle and ran beautifully. I guess I need a third party file sharing deal to post videos, I'll try that tomorrow.

This new project is a fizzer. The 61 is like new inside. I pulled all the plastic, the coils and flywheel and the muffler off. Cleaned it all. Leak checked it. Replaced the fuel line and the spark plug. Reassembled it all(wasn't even a stripped screw) and went and cut wood. What a little grunter.

So out of two old piles of what I thought was going to be long term projects, I got two afternoons of maintenance and two very cool old saws. But it's ok cause I've just picked up two completely trashed 162s. And they're a project. Might even be too far gone.

Back