Tying into the stick Part II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYSawBoss

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Something happened to my PC which did not allow me to post this pic in my original thread. Here it is anyway.

ANTHONy

P.S. my first attempted TD.....does it look like too much...or should i have a go.

PPS.. can anyone tell me the exact species??

Look's a lot like an Eastern White pine. Any chance of nothcing and dropping in the direction the photo was taken?

T

unfortunately not

too tall...would hit the house and deck. she's gotta come down piece by piece. It's ok...i'm picking up my 046 this week with a 32in bar. that beast will finish her off. other than that i'll be using my echo cs-340 climbing saw with 16in bar to get her done

I'M FEELING SAUCY

Still thinking about it. I know it's a lot of tree but as I stated earlier I'm not looking to set a speed record on this beast. Just want to git r' done safe and pro.

anthony

dont worry

i plan to take a before and after pic of me so you can really see the sap content. maybe if you're lucky i'll show the pic of my wife cleaning me off with the power washer. hahaha.

wish me luck

anthony

Re: dont worry

Originally posted by NYSawBoss
i plan to take a before and after pic of me so you can really see the sap content. maybe if you're lucky i'll show the pic of my wife cleaning me off with the power washer. hahaha.

wish me luck

anthony

:laugh:

Stay safe
:)

Actually wasn't one of you guys talking about girdling pines a couple days before doing the removal to cut down on pitch flow?

For a second, I thought that Lindenhurst was around here, in which case I would have offered some help for a day.

inground pool

they're putting in an inground pool as butch stated. i love the look of this tree and see no good reason to remove it....other than the fact that a pool is going there. ho humm.

anthony

Besides what the others have said about being careful on your first real removal, will there be anyone around with some experience to get you down in case of a problem? If you slip up there and get hurt, does your ground help know what to do?
Does not look that difficult a tree for someone with some experience, but pine sap on a rope and other gear can get really messy and slippery and can make for a bad day. Would suggest hiring a local gun for the day and maybe offer to help ground the tree and learn how its done right on something that size and maybe start out on something a little smaller. just my opinion, be careful either way.:)

Some more info would be useful... who will work the ground...
As far as working down a spar, I love the Rope Guide friction saver, but at over $150, you might not want to buy it.

I wonder if you can take the top out in large pieces... Gotta have good pull, communication with the ground and good cuts... How is your falling skill? Do you use an open face notch? A good clean notch is a must... That could save a lot of roping... But better to be safe than sorry... unless you're sure you can make it work, stick with the smaller cuts....

I beleive you can handle this tree safely... Just think every cut out before you make it and stick to the rules... double tie ins and two hands on the saw... hard hat and glasses!

treeman82

actually...my aunt and grandparents live up in yorktown heights near shrub oak. it's really not that far away. about an hour with no traffic. probably to far for you but the help would have been great.

anthony

NYsawboss just like others have said i really think that tree is a little to much for a first time TD..:mad: ..that tree looks like a days hard work for even an experienced crew ;) i wouldn't run before i could walk if i where you :)

Latest posts

Back