UNACCEPTABLE ‼

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks nice Clint, Last weekend most of the snow was gone so we were walking in the woods collecting the sap from the maple trees and marking some of the dead ash.

Yesterday we got something like 16 inches of snow and now they are talking temps around 70º for parts of next week. We are suppose to plant our potatoes on Good Friday. The only good things is I made sure I had a bale of hay out in the pasture for the donkeys and a trailer load of dry wood buy the OWB. C'Mon Summer!!!

Snow tonight and tomorrow... April 14... 38 friggin' degrees ‼
This is unacceptable... I'm starting a petition to fire the meteorologists.
Please sign below...

c2_1.jpg

Aw comon. We all knew it was going to be like this. I'm in TN and one of my chores today is to remove all the bedsheets off my garden plants that would have been damaged by frost. My woodheater is still hot right now. Petition God, He's the one responsible.

Me and a couple of fishing buddies had a snowball fight one time, hiking in to a remote trout pond on the Fourth of July. Good thing we had enough "antifreeze" on board cause those snowballs looked like they would have hurt some.:D

Me and a couple of fishing buddies had a snowball fight one time, hiking in to a remote trout pond on the Fourth of July. Good thing we had enough "antifreeze" on board cause those snowballs looked like they would have hurt some.:D

We left the valley and the temps were in the upper 90s and hitting 101 in August in E. Warshington. The forecaster said "A significant change was in store." We backpacked in to a little spot at about 6000 elevation, set up camp, and went to sleep. Woke up the next morning and 6 inches of snow was on the ground, and still coming down hard. My old dog loved it and was frisking around like crazy. We had not geared up for snow or even rain, so threw our stuff in our backpacks, headed out and returned home. Of course, the weather returned to summer, and it melted.

We marked timber in a July flurry. June is still springlike in the high country. And, if that isn't enough, one can climb up Mt Rainier and get snowed on.

Heck... you guys ain't heard me whine yet...
The wife drug my azz to the doctor a few days ago because of some abdominal pains I've been having lately. Anyway, the doc spent the first ten minutes chewin' me out 'cause he hadn't seen my since 2006 (which was the last time the wife but the ring in my nose and dragged me there). Then he poked at my belly for a wile and declared he was gonna' need some of my pizz, some of my blood... and he was gonna' schedule me for a colonoscopy (Doc says I'm 6 years over due... wife won't take the ring out'a my nose).

But none of that is what's gonna' make me whine...
They called the next day and told the wife my blood tests showed elevated liver function... and then told her I can't drink any "adult" beverages for two friggin' weeks so they can do another test. TWO FRIGGIN' WEEKS‼ NO FRIGGIN' BEER‼ Heck, I know why the liver function was elevated on Tuesday... it's was 'cause a buddy and I sat in the shop Saturday night and quite fully (over) indulged ourselves, after dad and I had done the same thing the night before. But they ain't listening... and gave the instructions to the warden (wife).
My life sucks‼

So get ready boys... the whining has only begun‼ :D Just wait until 10 days from now‼

Well, three weeks ago, this was the scene. Meant to post earlier, but forgot.

Did put the street radials to the test, I nearly had to chain it down though, and had to go back the way I came, I would have. Turned over a hill and it was a solid sheet of ice with snow on top. I couldn't see it till I hit it, but luckily I was crawling in low range. They held, but I surely puckered the seat and was ready to hit the ditch to keep from going over the hill.

This is where I was asking about trying to get to earlier, as during winter here, its feet deep.

But all was well, and some beautiful scenery was to be found.

Wasn't too bad starting off.

Getting deeper into the wilderness.

Snow on top of ice. I'm bouncing in-between the ice tracks here.

Blowing snow on ice.

A nice pic, 'cept for my big thumb...

Anyway, tis now in the 60's and nice... :)

Latest posts

Back