Unbeatable Rotax

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Art Martin

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Rotax just called from the Spokane, Washington area on his way home. He got a first place by making a bore and buck cut in 6.6 seconds on a 20" log. The saw was an 066 furnished by the show.

His Predator made a cut of .6 seconds in a 28" log. He's on a roll now.

Art

6.6 seconds on a 20" log

That sounds pretty quick in a 20" log. I like that bore and buck event. I've only seen it once on television.

Here are the times from this weekend.

Stocksaw 6.66 6.63 6.69 6.66 average 1st place

6 and under modified I took 3rd with my 046KD/Greffardized. Cant find the times but I was in the mid 3s and a 3.25 won it.

6 and over Modified I got beat by .01 The times were as follows

Harry 2.19 2.23 and a 1.91 for a 2.10 average

Rotax 2.10 2.11 and 2.13 for a 2.11 average

The other racers were off by about a half second or so.

The Predator made two sub second cuts in a 24 inch cottonwood at 0.60 seconds and 0.71 seconds.

The thing that's really impressive about Robert's times is not the absolute speed of the cuts, but the consistency. Three times within a 1/16 second range in a 6.6 second run is a really tight spread for a single cut, but for bore and buck, it's unbelieveable. I've timed him for half a dozen cuts in a row in the 4 second range where the total time spread was less than .02 (1/50) second.

Right on, Robert!

By the way, in the over 6 cube modified, Harry's average was only .0033 seconds better than Robert's. Statistically, a dead heat, but Robert's tighter time spread would tend to favor him in the long run. Consistency is the name of the game.

Robert, I dont care about the times, what I want to know is, how much money did we win, and how many trophies did we get?
John

Latest posts

Back